Chapter 9: The Sectis Vampires

The year 700

Greenleaf town.

"It has been almost thirty years but nothing seems to be happening. It is like they multiply when we kill one" Surr says to Annabel who just pulled out the heart of a Herid she was fighting.

"Perhaps we have stayed in Greenleaf for too long," she says blankly.

She pushed the Herid to the ground and sighed. "I am hungry," She says.

"No Anna... we have killed more people than the Herids have"

"Is that my problem?"

"Of course it is... you feed on these people every single day" Surr argued.

"You want me to starve myself?... Heavens forbid. Everything comes with a price, we get rid of the Herid and they let us feed on them"

Surr sighs. "Then perhaps you should reduce the way you feed. You drain the blood completely, how about you go easy"

Annabel laughs. "I feed till I am satisfied. It gives me the strength needed to fight the Herid" she says, walking into one of the houses where Helen is helping a maiden deliver.

"You really are going on with this?"

"Actually we are done. It is a daughter" Helen says cleaning the blood off her hand.

"Yay... Welcome to the accursed word human. I wonder why a person will want a baby in times like this" she says, turning away from Helen. "Where is Daisy, I am starving"

As Annabel walks out of the house, Surr turns to Helen and they both shake their head simultaneously.

Daisy, the head of Greenleaf town frowns as Annabel approaches her. "What is it now?..."

"I am hungry. Unless you want me to pin you against that wall and drain you completely, you will find someone else"

"Why not just feed on the Herids?"

"Why don't you feed on your vomit!... Exactly. And I have tried it, it is not pleasant" Annabel says.

Daisy ties back her hair and closes her eyes. Annabel smiles and walks up to her. She places her hand on Daisy's shoulder and digs her fangs into her neck.

Daisy groans as Annabel drains the blood out of her. Some moment later, she stops and sighs in pleasure.

She looks at Daisy who is barely still breathing. "I thought you would be dead"

Annabel then bites herself and feeds some of her blood to Daisy. In just a few seconds, Daisy's wounds are all healed and she's back on her two feet. "Thank you, Anna"

"Now I am wishing I had just killed you," Annabel says, moving away from her.

"I will be just outside if you need anything," Daisy says, walking out of the house.

The instant she walks out, a Herid drives its claws through her belly. She screams as blood gushes out her mouth.

Surr appears and swiftly pulls out its heart from behind. He knelt next to Daisy and place his ear on her chest. "She is gone," He says.

"And I was starting to like her... too bad. How did the Herid get passed you?" Anna asked.

"It was the mother of the newborn child," Helen says from behind.

"We have been housing a monster all this time?"

"The child... the child is also a Herid!" Surr says.

"We have to kill that child right now"