Chapter 12: Dirty Works

Greenleaf high.

Alisa walks up to Poppy and Carol. "Hey, girls…"

Carol instantly covers her nose. "What is that smell?"

Poppy looks at Alisa and frowns. "You used it, didn't you?" She asks.

"I mean, I don't want to die… that's why I choose to be a vampire. Then someone that could kill me, tells me if I don't do what they want, I'll be dead- what do you expect?"

Carol looks at both of them confused. "I'm sorry, am I missing something?" She asks, still confused.

Poppy face palms and sighs. "Are you girls gonna tell me or not?"

"Well turns out the lady that attacked us last night was a vampire, and she threatened us to do her dirty work or we die," Carol says while pulling out the vial from her pocket.

"We have to use this to find some witches here in Greenleaf and kill them," Carol says.

"And that is supposed to kill them?"

Suddenly, some guy next to them begins to cough. The ladies turn to him.

He quickly closes his locker and runs out of the place. "What are you waiting for, let's go after him," Poppy says and they all went after the guy.

They arrived in an empty hallway. "Where did he go??" Alisa queries.

The guy emerges from a nearby bathroom and stops in his track as he sees the girls looking at him. "Err… is there a problem?" He asks, coughing again.

"Ehmm…"

"What kind of perfume are you using?" He questioned before turning to walk back into the bathroom.

Poppy grabs his head and stomps it on the wall. She then grabbed him before he falls and twist his head. Carol and Alisa gasped. "Oh my God Poppy"

"What?… Is that not what you want?… Come on let's dump his body in here" she says, pointing at the bathroom.

"What if someone finds it?"

"Well no one saw us"

"That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day," Carol says.

Poppy glared at her and she instantly picks the dead body and toss it into the bathroom.

Dave's POV

Greenleaf high.

"It's late again. I really should stop staying out this long" I say to myself as I walk through the hallway.

The moment I took the next corner, there was something there in the dark. But I can't see what. "Why do they turn off the lights anyway"

I pull out my phone to turn on the flashlight. I've seen this before… blue eyes, pale skin, dark spots. "Shit. It's the giant lizard from the woods"

I return my phone to my pocket and turn to run.

The creature roars and chases after me. "HELP!!…" I scream.

The creature is way faster than me and is already catching up to me. I could hear its growl right behind me. I crashed on the ground and rolled to the wall as I was taking a corner, but this didn't hold me down, the moment my back touched the wall, I picked myself up and continued running

Suddenly, the roaring stopped, and there are no more footsteps behind me. I stopped and turn to see nothing behind me. "What the hell?" I say to myself while trying to catch my breath.