Chapter 6

Neveah Russo

The same night Ace told me about the ball and explained why I had to go with Raphael instead of him, he received a call with information on who killed my mother and I was not surprised to hear it was my own father. Since then I've been training non-stop with Raphael so that I can finally get the happy ending I deserve and in it, my father's dead obviously killed by my own hands and no one else.

The other reason I've been training is to let out all my anger and hormones out. I'm only four months into my pregnancy and my stomach is as big as a watermelon, which to me makes sense since I'm pregnant with twins who are always hungry.

"You eat too much and today is the ball but you still have time to figure out a way of hiding them," Raphael said with a smile plastered on his face. I swear to God if he wasn't related to the father of my children, I would have killed him a long time ago.

"Raphael don't you have something better to do like maybe hiring prostitutes to boost your ego just like your brother." I said in an angry tone, glaring at him.

"Being jealous doesn't suit you but don't worry I'll be sure to hire you once you're not pregnant." He said chucking as if his joke was funny.

I took a glass and threw it at him but like always he dodged it and threw Ace's favourite mug which missed me nearly by an inch.

Over these few months, I've gotten so close to Raphael and now he's become like the brother I never had, who I express my love to through violence.

When we fight, someone always get's hurt and everytime it's me but last week I cut him and it hurt like hell.

Ace has tried stopping us so many times but then again we don't listen and disrespectfully we don't give a fuck.

Everytime I'm with Raphael, I always forget I'm pregnant unless of course he comments on it.

Before I could throw the knife which was right beside me Ace and his favourite whore who I despise so much got into the room.

Usually Ace just has sex with his sluts and never crosses paths with them again but with Briana it's like he wants to get married to her or something. She treats me like I'm someone's mother which yes I'm going to become but other than that she is rude and treats me like shit everytime Ace is not around and I never take her bullshit. It always results in her looking stupid. Most of the time Raphael is by my side and together we put her in her place. The relationship that I have with Ace is rather complicated but it's stable.

Briana also happens to be my half sister but I hate her to the core and nothing can ever change that. It's quite sad how Ace doesn't show any kind of emotion towards her which makes her seem desperate.

"Wanna go somewhere else that's not here,?" Raphael whispered into my ear rolling his eyes as he gave Briana the death stare.

"Count me in." I said crossing my arms.

"Who wants to go to a club tomorrow?" Briana asked as if trying to test my patience when it's evident as day that I'm pregnant. Either she thinks she's funny which she isn't or she's just dumb because what the hell?.

"Me and Raphael have better things to do than spend even a minute with you," I said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh honey I wasn't talking to you, I meant Raphael after all you're pregnant and I don't think you'd look any better in a dress." She said.

"Like she said before we have better things to do than be around you, don't be taking out your anger on her because she's carrying the children of the man who won't even pay attention to you." Raphael said defending me.

I had forgotten Ace was in the room until he looked up from his phone with a look that could kill in an instant. "THATS ENOUGH, Briana you should learn to shut the fuck up and learn how to speak properly to the mother of my children." Ace shouted like he has never done before. Between me and Raphael he knows how to control his temper.

"Neveah you should get ready for today's ball," he said and I simply nodded still held in a trance from what he had just done.

"Okay Raphael let's go" I responded.

"Wait why does Raphael need to come help you with changing I already invited one of the best makeup artists and designers." Ace said and maybe it was me hallucinating but I saw him balling his hands into fists as his jaw ticked and for once his eyes had some sort of emotion which only lasted for not more than a mere second before they became emotionless again.

"Neveah doesn't need all that but I guess Briana could use some makeup to hide her ugliness actually she needs plastic surgery," Raphael said.

"You forget she already had that but still it's not enough" I said laughing with Raphael. By this time Briana had tears rolling down her cheeks, her head down in embarrassment.

Raphael and I left the room and went up to my room so we could get ready for the ball which was in four hours and for us that was little time.

We laid on the bed and I put my head on his chest while he was stroking my hair.

"I'm glad today Ace finally spoke up and put Briana into her place, serves her right." I said.

"Yeah and I don't know but the way he defended you that was really sweet." He responded.

Our fingers interlocked and our eyes met.

He smashed his lips onto mine and I sat on his lap not breaking the kiss.

I have no idea what is going on but I hate to admit that I like it.

Before we could go any further we were interrupted by someone who wouldn't stop knocking.

I opened the door to be met by Briana who's tears wouldn't stop rolling down her cheeks.

"What do you want puttana," Raphael asked walking towards me and wrapping his strong hands around my waist.

"Well Ace said I should apologize but fuck you and him, he's nothing but a man whore-" she started but I cut her off by slapping her across the face.

"Speak about the father of my children like that again and you'll never see another day understand whore?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Great now get out of my sight." I spat

Once she was gone I turned back to Raphael with puppy dog eyes. "I was hoping we'd wear matching outfits for the ball." I said.

"You know I hate it when you do that with your eyes but fine" he said giving in.

I wore a long black tubeless dress with a sleet that starts right below my knees with red shoes and as for my hair I curled it and let it fall over my shoulders.

To match with me Raphael wore a white dress-shirt and a formal black suit with a red tie and black shoes.

I don't really do makeup so I did a simple smokey eye and put red lipstick.

"You look amazing," Raphael said putting his hands around my waist and kissing me on the corner of my lips to tease me.

"So what are we exactly?" I asked pulling away and putting my hands around his neck.

"I don't believe in labels but I believe you are my girlfriend who I will treat like my sister" he said looking deep into my eyes trying to figure me out.

What do y'alls think so far?

The last part for me was a clear red flag 😭😭

-End of Chapter 6-