Chapter 22

Neveah Russo

"Wait what?"l ask.

"Inessa told Raphael a few days after the shooting and she was planning on bringing Xavier today because both him and you are not safe there"he replies.

My heart starts pounding and l remember l left my sweet baby with Learnado.

"I have to go"l say standing up and going to the door but he stops me by pulling my wrist.

"I missed you"he confesses.

I look into his grey orbs l so missed seeing.

Before l can even process what's happening l wrap my arms around him and melt into his touch.

I suddenly feel butterflies and his warm touch makes me feel tingly inside.

"I missed you too"l mumble.

"Can l hold him?"he asks.

"I don't know l need to get him back before anything bad happens but l can't deny you your right l mean he's your son also"l stated.

We stay like this for a while before l pull away and l kiss the corner of his lips before l rush out of the room.

The sound of my heels clicking is all that's heard in the hallway.

I make my way through the crowd of people who are dancing and l spot Learnado with Xavier in his arms.

I instantly calm down and slowly approach him until l see Armani sitting right next to him.

I try to calm myself down by convincing myself he didn't kill my babygirl but we all know that's not true.

"Where were you!"Armani immediately asks in a possessive tone.

Chill

"I was in the ladies bathroom "l lie.

"You said you'd keep your son safe so do it Learnado ain't your baby daddy"he snaps.

"Fine let me take him to his daddy then"l retort fully knowing that he would never let that happen.

"No"

I sit in my chair and l gently take Xavier from Learnado's arms.

Once he is securely in my arms l make sure he is in a comfortable position before standing up.

"You have no right to control me and whether you like it or not Ace is the father and he has the right to just hold or see his son"l say.

"If you don't shut up l promise you your son will pay for your actions just like your daughter did"he states with a small grin.

I place Xavier in Learnado's arms and before l even know it l slap Armani and kick him in the dick with the back of my heel twice in fact so that he feels nothing but pain until two large hands wrap around my waist preventing me from doing any further damage.

He deserves to go to hell for killing my innocent baby girl who deserved the world.I feel like such a disappointment and such a bad mother for not being able to protect my own fucking son.

Ace lossens his grip on my waist and l gently take Xavier from Learnado's arms who had a shocked expression on his face.

Armani was now laying on the floor still in pain with all eyes on us.

Not even sparing him a second glance l grab Xaviers bag and l go outside to possibly hotwire a car and keep on running until Xavier is at least thirty now taking care of me.

Ace follows closely behind me and l stop to face him.

He had a small grin probably so proud of me but behind that small grin was a broken father who too wanted nothing but revenge for his sweet innocent baby girl.

"I wanna circumcise his face and get revenge for my fucking daughter l mean she didn't even deserve that shit"l state tears now rolling down my cheek.

He looks at me with a pained expression evident on his face.

"It's all my fault l should have never treated you the way l did l mean you ran away from me twice and l practically put your life on the line l never meant to hurt you l've just been through a lot and l got commitment issues but l'm tryna fix that for you"he confesses.

I look deep into his grey orbs but for once he doesn't hide his emotions and l can see straight into him.

A lonely broken soul.

Before l could reply Xavier starts crying as our voices had woken him up.

"Shshsh baby don't cry"l soothed him.

His cries just get louder so Ace looks into my eyes and silently pleads to hold him and in return l nod my head.

He gently grabs him from my arms and Xavier instantly stops crying and starts giggling.

"I think he likes you"l smile amazed with the sight in front of me.

"You think?"he asks with a smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah he likes everyone especially his mommy"l state crossing my arms.

"Yeah he sure"he sarcastically replies.

"Let's go back home"l say.

He looks at me with a shocked expression.

"Yeah sure and l'm sorry"he says.

"For?"

"I chased you away two times and l did it without even realizing,Neveah you are the only girl who has ever gotten so close to me and these feelings are all new to me trust me l am trying my best but l don't know how to love someone and l don't wanna hurt you"he sighs.

"Is that why you cheated on me l mean is that why you kissed that girl or worse slept with her?"l ask tears rolling down my cheek remembering his hurtful words before l left.

"I never kissed that girl she kissed me but as soon as her crusty lips touched mine l shoved her to the ground because the only lips l want to wake up to for the rest of my life are yours"he confessed.

"We can't be together  beacuse my feelings for you faded and l don't want Xavier to have parents who fight a lot l mean it's already enough that he was born into the Mafia but he can't have toxic parents"l lie looking away not, being able to look him in the eye.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me"he says in a slightly harsh tone which makes me flinch because l don't like it when people raise their voice at me.

A whimper escapes my mouth and l look him in the eye.

"I-l love you okay l just don't wanna be in another relationship because in the end l'm left to pick up the pieces of my heart they would have shattered l'm also the one who gets hurt and now if it means getting hurt l don't wanna be in a relationship for FUCKS SAKE l've been through a lot l mean l got my daughter killed and she did nothing wrong to deserve that shit l should have died not my sweet innocent girl l mean l failed as a mother and l might just fail at being someone's girlfriend because at the moment l'm both mentally unstable and so goddamn depressed l don't even think l can raise Xavier,please just try putting yourself in my shoes"l yell in a shaky breath.

Suddenly my breathing is excessive and l don't realize that l've been shot until l feel the blood on my shoulder but l don't feel anything except for the deep hole in my heart.

I let the darkness consume me for it is my only safe space and the only way l can escape this thing called reality.

Authors Note

Hi guys l just wanted to say thank you so much for 1.08k views it really means so much to me

Bye love :)
See you soon