Chapter 49

Neveah Russo

I may not be righteous or believe that there is a much greater spirit up there but only he could have worked such a miracle eight months ago.l went under a lot of stress and l didn't eat for days but through his grace l am proud to say l will be giving birth to a sweet baby girl any day from now.

I laid down in the comfort of Ace's arms as he held me tightly and Xavier was in the next room playing with his toys.lt took Xavier to talk after two weeks but honestly l've never been hurt and heartbroken as l was when l saw him like that but he's adapted and handled everything quiet well and he is much happier now that he has Ace.

I straddled Ace's lap and smashed my lips onto him and he quickly responded cupping my face and rubbing my stomach to ease any pain l might feel.He pulled away as l had stopped responding and he thought something was wrong but l was just too deep in thought thinking about just how lucky l was when l met him even though it was in a club.These days he's being overprotective and eversince the incident with Ryan he never leaves my side no matter what.

"Are you okay?"he asked.

"Yes l was just thinking of how l got so lucky"l said as Xavier got on top of the bed and started jumping until Ace sneaked up on him and grabbed him and he started tickling him making Xavier giggle non stop.To say that the sight was beautiful is just an understatement.

The baby kicked me aggressively making me scream in pain and Ace immediately ran to my side.Xavier just like Ace taught him for months in case this ever happens quickly rushed to the bags and through the excruciating pain l still managed to smile as tears rolled down my cheek and at this moment l realized my water had just broke.

"It's going to be okay just relax"he said helping me get up and he carried the heavy bags Xavier could not carry and he held my hand rubbing it to ease my anxiety.Xavier followed behind as we got down the stairs which for me was very painful and it was not a wonderful experience.

The driver had already brought the car near the entrance of the house and we simply got out of the house and straight into the car.Ace would not leave my hand it was as if he was the one giving birth.The contractions got worse by the minute and l could not handle it so l screamed on the top of my lungs and breathed in and out but they just kept getting worse making me let out a sob.

"Just breathe"Ace said and l nodded in response.

"Drive faster"l screamed.

In less than fifteen minutes we had reached the hospital and Ace carried me until we had entered the hospital and he called out for the family doctor Mrs Edwina who gently placed me on a wheel stretcher and all l remember was seeing Ace's worried expression before l passed out and all l could see was pitch black.

Ace Mernandez

I couldn't have be more happier the day l found l was going to have a baby girl.lt was one of the most happiest days of my life just like when we had Xavier.

I was trembling with fear as Neveah had been in operation for eight hours now and l had not heard anything from the doctor or the nurses.lnstead of normal labour as planned something went wrong and she passed out but the doctor hasn't said anything.

"How is she?"Raphael asked and l quickly ran into his arms.

"Brother you came"l said pulling away and giving him a first bump.

"Well how could l miss the birth of my niece"he said and as soon as Xavier who had gone to the bathroom saw Raphael he jumped in excitement and ran into Raphael's arms.