Chapter 47

Guilt,something that will eat you up and swallow you whole until you are mentally drained

Ace Mernandez

3 months ago,

I sat in my office as Neveah and Xavier took a nap and l was drowning in work,when l got a call from an unknown number coming from the telephone meaning it was something to do with work and could be one of my enemies trying to track me down.I turned on the device Gabriel made to avoid being tracked and instead l was going to track whoever was on the other end of the call just to be cautious.

"Who is this?"l asked in a deep dark voice that could send shivers down anyone's spine especially those who have heard of me and know what l am capable of.

"Hey Leo"the person said and l knew instantly who it was because only one person has ever called me that,'Ryan' and l knew he was smirking wherever he was because he knows calling me that pisses me off since l don't believe in those signs.

My father had an affair with some slut after a heated argument with my mother and Ryan was the product,l only later found out when l was eighteen and we both agreed on keeping it a secret because the only people who know of this are the ones who caused it.He's also the leader of the French and Mexican Mafia and we made allies between our two mafia's.He calls me Leo because thats my sign and even though lm not a Christian or holy whatever l still don't believe in that stuff and l agree with Christians that those signs like Aquarius, Sagittarius etc are signs of the devil which l am myself but my point is still very much valid.

"I need your help"he said and from the sound of his voice l could tell it was an emergency.

"Someone is trying to kill me and l've been getting death threats and today there's another one l received and whoever it is once us both dead now including your family but in the letter they sent,they said l should kill you otherwise they'll do it for me and if l let them do it for me they'll kill both you,me and your family"he said and for the first time in forever l felt fear.

"It's time l go underground all we need to do is fake my death and whoever it is will suffer miserably, l'll make sure they suffer hell on earth,but as l am underground l need you to protect Neveah even if that means marrying her"l said my heart feeling as if it's been broken into a million little pieces.

"-l also need you to fake Inessa's death two months after mine will need all the help we can get and it needs to be strategic"l said.

"Okay"he said.

"You won't be hearing from me for a while l will be cutting all communication"l said.

"Thank you so much l promise to keep both your son and Neveah safe"he said.

"You better"l chuckled a little.

Present

I had to watch as Neveah cried endlessly and broke down into pieces when l pulled the plug and it hurt me to watch her like that.l had done that to her and it broke me even more but what l had done was to save her and our small family.Even worse at the funeral when she did everything to get inside with tears streaming down her face.

I've been underground for months now with no WiFi or any gadget because it would be easier to track me down if l had any of those things and l have figured out a lot.l never wanted to be in this life but not being in the life now is something l can't even imagine of.l will do anything to protect my family and my Mafia that was built by my ancestors.

I now know who the person who's been sending death threats and body parts to Ryan is and luckily today I'll get to make their life a living hell something l put to action when l found out.