Chapter 44

Neveah Russo

It's been three weeks now since Ace's death and not one time have l cried but some days it's harder than most.No one but me and Xavier know lm pregnant and l plan on telling Ryan today because if l don't he's gonna be able to notice soon.

He's been suspicious lately because of me vomiting non-stop but l lied that l ate something l was allergic to.

"Are you okay?"Ryan asked wrapping arms around my waist rubbing my stomach as l made one of my recipes from when l was pregnant with Xavier which helped with the nausea.

"Yeah lm just making something to make my stomach better"l lied.

"Are you pregnant?"he asked and l quickly shaked my head 'no'.

"No l just ate something l was allergic to and lm on my period"l lied again.

"Come with me"he said and l nodded in response.

Xavier was playing ball outside with the maids daughter whos like one year older than him but if you ask as the mother he's in love and so is she but they are both shy to admit it.

"What are we doing in your room?"l asked as he removed his shirt and l could see his rock hard abs.

Figuring that this was the best time to come out l kneeled on the bed and l lifted my shirt up exposing my stomach.

"I'm pregnant and l found out the day you killed Ace"l said rubbing my stomach.

He kneeled in front of me rubbing my stomach and from his eyes l could tell he felt regret.

"It's okay you don't have to feel guilty or anything l would have done the same thing if l was in love but the baby inside of me will never be able to meet her daddy and l'll have to lie to her that you are her daddy so she doesn't hate me"l said hugging Ryan tightly.

"It's not your fault"he said rubbing my back.

"-and you need to stop bottling your feelings l can tell it's eating you up"he said pulling way and cupping my face.

"It's okay not to be okay do you hear me?"he said and l nodded in response.

"I know but l would do anything for Xavier even if it means losing myself"l said a tear rolling down my cheek and l quickly wiped it away.

"Fuck"l said running to the bathroom and l started vomiting all the breakfast l had just came from having and Ryan held my hair back.

After a few minutes l washed my face and rinsed my mouth with toothpaste.

After l was done l removed my t-shirt and wore Ryan's cream hoodie.I sat on his lap wrapping my arms around his neck and l buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"Let it out"he said hugging me tightly and tears started rolling down my cheek.l let out a sob as tears streamed down my face.

"I-l can't do this without him"l said between sobs.l started gasping for air,it felt as if all the air had left my body and l was struggling to breath.

"Hey hey breathe in and out"Ryan whispered in my ear and l did as he said.

"You have me okay and we can do it together"he said rubbing my back.

"I can tell Xavier likes you and this place so l think we'll manage and Lilah loves the garden so much she spends the whole day in there"l said giggling.

"What about you?"he asked.

"I love spending time with you"l said.

"Could you tell Linda to make me one of her recipes she used when she was pregnant with Kia l can't because-"l said but he me cut off by shushing me.