Chapter 16

Ace Mernandez

I woke up with a throbbing headache nothing a pack of cigarettes or cocaine can't fix.

I get up from the couch and go upstairs to check on Neveah.

She is usually awake by this time and l don't remember what the fuck happened.

All l remember is going to the club and this random ass whore kissing me and shit but, as soon as she touched me l slapped her and shoved her to the ground

Everything that happened when l came back is a blur.

I just let myself in without knocking,nothing l haven't seen before.

To my surprise she isn't in her room or in her bathroom which is wide open.

A note on her nightstand with my name on it catches my attention.

"Dear Ace

Im not wanted here and l can't keep letting you hurt me so l've decided to leave for good this time and don't worry once l give birth l will send you pictures of the babies,l just need time to get myself together and find myself again

l wish you the best in life and l hope you can someday find someone who loved you the way l did even though no one will ever love you the way l did.

Don't try to find me,l don't want to be found and please take care of Nikolas for me and tell him l'm sorry but l had no other choice

l will always love you

Neveah xoxo"

A tear drops down my cheek and l immediately wipe it away and memories of what happened last night flash through my head.

"Fuck"l mutter under my breath and run my hands through my hair.

l put the note in my pocket and run to my office.

She must have taken my black SUV which is a good thing because it has a tracker and l can be able to find her faster and hold her in my arms again.

l sit on my desk and start looking for her on my laptop.

She disabled the one on her car but the one that l put somewhere on her body and can't be seen by anyone but me unless someone fucking touches her, says that she is in Sicily the bloody Russians number one territory.

l call Raphael to my office and in less that a minute he comes rushing.

"What's so important it couldn't wait until afternoon or something"he asks rubbing his eyes.

"Well Neveah left and she is in the Russians territory we will need a lot of backup to get her back because once we step into that territory and we are spotted we will be asking for war so l need you to gather one of our best men so they can go l don't want no war,l just want my future-wife"l say leaning back in my chair.

"Why would she leave"he asks in a confused tone.

"l had too much to drink and l fucked up big time man but trust me l'm gonna fix this and get my girl back"l say.

Neveah Russo

Once l got to the airport l decided on going to Sicily thats were my mom always talked about going to and it's a great city to start afresh at without the whole Mafia bullshit.

l arrived hours ago and l've been looking for a taxi even though l don't know where l'm headed and its proven to be quite difficult.l've been walking for what feels like eternity and my body is just exhausted and l can't handle much more.