Chapter 16

===========================♛===========================

One foot in front of another. Don't complain because if you complain then Abraham yells at you. So, all you do is walk and not complain. No matter how much you want to. Sometimes I just complain to make Abraham mad. It's quite funny actually. 

"When are we going to find a car?" I asked, swinging my feet. I was on Dad's back because my back and side were bothering me. 

"For the last time, I can't read the future so I don't know! Quite asking," Abraham snapped.

"But I thought you knew everything," I cheekily said. Abraham groaned while everybody else laughed. 

"Glenn, make your daughter shut up," Abraham said. 

Dad laughed but playfully said, "Rori, shut up." 

"How rude," I pretended to be hurt and held a hand to my heart with a hurt expression. The group let out a laugh. Well, all except Abraham because he was grumpy. Dad shuffled me in his arm which made me grown in pain. "Stop doing that."

"Sorry, princess."

"The wheels on the bus go round and round."

"Oh my gosh, somebody tell that girl to shut up," Abraham groaned.

"What you don't like my song? I can sing a better one!" I didn't really give them a choice, just began to sing again.

"Cuz if you liked it you should've put a ring on it!"

"Aurora, shut up before I make you," Abraham growled but I saw a tiny smile appear on his face. The corner of his lips barely twisted upwards but it was something. 

"Don't be mad once you see that he want it"

"If you liked it you should put a ring on it," Mom chimed in. 

"Not you too," Abraham groaned.

"Come on, Abraham, loosen up! Sing with us," Tara cheered then began to sing along. Eventually, everybody but Abraham was singing but he was smiling. 

--------

 It was getting dark now and we had found a small town. Dad sat me down and we stepped inside a building on high alert. I stayed close to Mom, helping rip up some things for a small fire we made. 

"Does your hip hurt?" Mom asked me. 

"It's fine," I said.

"That's not what I asked," Mom said, handing some ripped-up paper to Tara. I sighed, realizing she wasn't going to give up. 

"Yes, a little. No big deal," I shrugged and stood up. "I'm tired. I'm going to go to sleep."

"You're tired already? Normally you're a night owl. The hardest thing to get to go to sleep," Mom laughed. I smiled at the memory. I was five and all I wanted to do was play tea party with my parents.