Chapter 7

===========================♛===========================

The man above me stumbled away in fear. I climbed to my feet and ran towards Daryl. The two men that beat him were gone. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, collapsing to my knees next to him. 

"I'm alright. 'Ya okay?" Daryl asked, standing up. I nodded. I glanced over my shoulder when I heard screaming and saw Rick stab the fat man. Carl was now in Michonne's arms. 

"Don't look," Daryl said. I turned my head away from Rick and looked at Daryl with sad eyes. 

--------

The morning seemed to come too quickly for my liking. After last night I was shaken up. It made me miss the prison and everybody in it. Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Aunt Beth, Will, Tyreese, Sasha. There wasn't much conversation as we walked along the train tracks. Michonne and Rick made small talk with each other but I paid no mind to them. 

"We're getting close. Be there before sundown," Daryl said as we came to a stop. There was another sign. I looked over at Carl and grabbed his hand. His eyes flickered over to me and his mouth twitched into a smile.

"Now we head through the woods. We don't know who they are," Rick explained. 

"Alright," Daryl nodded and walked towards the wood. Carl and I walked ahead of Michonne.

--------

We moved in a line, carefully approaching the walls of Terminus. We gazed through the fences to see a big red building. 

"We all spread out, watch for a while, see what we see, get ready. We all stay close," Rick said. We all moved to spread out. Rick stopped Carl. "You want to stick with me?" 

"It's alright," Carl said, walking past his dad. 

"I"ll stick with you," I said with a small smile. Rick returned my smile. 

"Alright," Rick nodded. We began to walk around the fences slowly and carefully. "When are you gonna do it?"

"Do what?" I asked, glancing at Rick before returning my eyes ahead of me.

"Get with my son." I paused, my mouth falling open. 

"I-I."

"I see the way you look at each other. You should get with him," Rick said, leaning down and beginning to dig a hole. 

"I don't. I Let's just get through Terminus first and then we'll see," I said. I was blushing hard as I helped Rick dig a hole. Once the hole was deep enough, Rick put our weapon bag in it. I glanced up when I heard Daryl. He gave me an odd look. Probably because I looked like a tomato. 

"Just in case," Rick said, looking up at Daryl after zipping the bag closed. He then began to use a small travel-size shovel to cover the hole.

--------