Chapter 5

Pov Daichi

"Asahiiiii, Sugaaa how were your vacations!!!" I ran up to my two friends. "Nothing much. Though I see yours have been great." Suga answered. "Yes indeed. Me and my family went to Okinawa. And--" "Yes, yes. You already told us over a million times." Suga interrupted me. Asahi on the other hand started giggling. I got a bit annoyed. I guess I showed it because the next second both of them had already backed away a few steps. "Hey, I'm not mad guys." "You always say that when your mad." "Really Asahi. For being such a big guy your such a scaredy cat." "Sorry." This time was Suga's time to laugh.

"Oi Daichi what's that you're holding?" "Suga, could you be a bit more kind?" "I promise to change." "Yeah no one will ever believe that shit." "Daichi not you too." This guys are just plain rude but at the same time are the best friends ever. I can't help but smile every single time we are together. "Here you have." "What is that?" "What do you think? A present from Okinawa." "Wait a sec really." "You didn't forget us." Both of them did a dramatic gesture. "Stop dramatizing everything." "Gomen." I gave them two bags. Asahi's present was a new hair band for his hair, which is starting to get longer and longer. It also had a box full of mochis his favourite dessert. Suga's contained four different spicy sauces, which he can't stop talking about and some earrings (some weeks ago I find out he has 4 piercings in each ear, and he is making me crazy).

"Omg Daichi you gave in." "What do you mean?" "Cute earrings. Where did you buy them?" "In a traditional shop." "Thankyou." "What is going on?" "Asahi, why are you so slow in catching everything?" "Seriously." "Are those earrings?" "Yes indeed. Daichi gave them to me. Like them?" "They are so cool Suga. Can you put them on?" "Why?" "Just to see." Suga sighed. I guess he is already tired of our shit. Ever since he told us about his situation in home, we haven't stopped asking him questions. Every single day we learn something new. We even found out he has a small tattoo on his back. I'm actually afraid that Asahi will try to copy this guys looks. Nah that can't happen. He is too much of a scaredy cat. "Okay, how do i look?" "Yeah it suits you." "Thankyou. But I can't wear them in school."

"Ah yes I nearly forgot." "What is it now?" "Don't say it that way. It sounds rude." "Sorry not sorry." "Masaki came during the vacations. He brought some things for you guys." "For us? Why?" Asahi and I asked. "Don't know. Maybe because he is happy, I finally have normal friends. Also, the two of you sure made a good impression." "Wow really. I thought we fucked up big time." "Not really. Here." Suga gave us two handmade bags he had inside his schoolbag. Both of them had pretty much the same things. There was a volleyball key chain, two cooking books and a detailed training program. "Wow. Your brother sure learned from last time. He even wrote us direct instructions in how to cook." Asahi said while flipping the pages. "He sure did. See you later Asahi hope your new classmates are better." "Really funny Suga." "Common Daichi no time to lose." Suga smiled at me while punching me straight in the gut. "You really need to stop doing this. Especially around our new teammates." "No way. That's my peaceful hello." "It has everything but peaceful." "I know." He laughed. I couldn't do another thing but laugh back. When he turned around a girl from our year was walking into the school. "Hi Michimiya. Have a nice first day." "You too Sugawara. And also, you Daichi-san." "I say the same to you Michimiya."

The next thing I knew Suga had hit me straight in the ribs. "What was that for?" "You like her, don't you." "N-n-no." "Your stutter explains everything. You realise that, right." "S-s-stop that Suga." "Not going to." "EXCUSE ME!!!" I turned around to see the person who shouted. But the only thing I saw when turning was a schoolbag. I was immediately pushed to one side. The student, who pushed ran inside the building and disappeared. "He had blonde hair." Suga muttered while helping me up. "Why did he push me and not you?" "Because you turned around to see who it was whilst I moved to a side." "How was I supposed to know that?" "Its high school what else could it be." Suga shrugged. We went together to class. Asahi is in class 2-2, whilst me and Suga are in class 2-4. This year I am in the same class as Michimiya the girl I have had a crush on for years. If I don't die this year that means I'm immortal.

I can't believe how school can be so boring. I know it's important to learn so that we can have a career and therefore well-paid jobs. But still, 98% of what we learn in school isn't important. So technically there is no use in learning.

The rest of the first day of school went smoothly to say the least. I met with Asahi and Suga to eat and the new captain Kurokawa-san told us that this year 5 new members will join the team. I can't wait to meet them. Hope that they're not problematic.

Pov Sugawara

"Common your slower than the villain's horse." "What?" "When have you seen the villain arrive before the hero?" "Understood. You have the weirdest expressions ever, Suga." "They are not weird. They are only translations of popular expressions from other countries." "I don't know how that even makes sense." Good I'm making this two crazier every single day.

The three of us entered the gym. Our seniors were already inside preparing everything. We all hurried up to join them. The new members still haven't arrived. Normal they are probably having a chat with the vice-principle or something like that. Apart from them it seems like Shimizu hasn't still arrived. She always comes late to practice, probably because she stays behind cleaning the class. This is surely the best thing for now. If the new members see her, they will not pay attention to what the captain is saying. It's already difficult to pay attention when a pretty girl isn't there to distract.

"Okay, everyone please line up." "Yes captain!" We all lined up behind him, in front of us 5 boys. 4 of them were approximately the same height whilst the fifth one was much shorter. "Hello, my name is Kurokawa Hiroki." "Hi I'm Ennoshita Chikara." "I'm Kinnoshita Hasashi." "Hello nice to meet you. My name is Narita Kazuhito." The three of them seem pretty chill. Maybe this year we have some serious players.

"HELLO. I'M TANAKA RYONNUSUKE. I'M GLAD TO BE HERE." Okay I lied. Why do I have to talk? How about the other one. "I'M NISHINOYA YU. I PLAYED IN CHIDORIYAMA JUNIOR HIGH AS A LIBERO. IT IS A PLEASURE TO BE HERE!!!" Great two troublemakers. This two will be incredible friends.

"Oh, so you are a libero. Thats great." "Yeah it's probably because of his small stature." "IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF THAT. Whenever the ball is saved in the middle of a game is where the crowd most cheers. That is why a libero is amazing." Hahaha this guy is great. Mm Asahi is acting weird. "Asahi is anything wrong." I whispered. "N-n-no, well yes. That guy Nishinoya I think he is a famous libero." "Huh really." "Yes, but I'm not sure Wait a sec Sugaa." I walked over to were the third years were semi-interviewing the new teammates. "Hey." "Whats up." "The scaredy cat over there wants to know if you are a famous libero or something like that." "Wait, who is the scaredy cat?" "The one who tries to look gangster." "Oh, that one." "Yes." "Cool and yes. I won the award for best libero in middle school." "Wait seriously." The captain heard it and came over. So did the rest of the team. Asahi on the other side looked as if he were about to pass out and Daichi hit him in the back to calm him.

"Why is someone who was awarded the best libero of junior high here in Karasuno?" "I like the girls uniform. It's cute." What a pervert. "I see. I would like to see all of your abilities. You can all prepare yourselves over there." "Yes captain." I went over towards Daichi and Asahi. "Welp you were right." "You could have asked in another way you know." "You would've taken forever Asahi." "I'm with Suga on this one." "Daichi!!!" "Hey you again." "Huh me." Nishinoya was behind me. "What's your name" "Sugawara Koushi and these are Sawamura Daichi and the scaredy cat Azumane Asahi." "Quit presenting me like that Suga." "I promise to stop." "Yes, in a million years." "So, Asahi, Daichi and Koushi." We looked back at the new guy. "Suga, please." "Why?" "Prefer it that way." "Sure. Then Noya." "Nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you too."

"W-W-WOULD YOU MARRY ME!!" Who is that. Ah yes, the other loud guy and... Shimizu!?. Of course. "No." I kind of snorted as did the rest of us seniors. Noya on the other hand couldn't get his eyes of her. "Her name is Shimizu Kiyoko. She is our manager." Daichi told him before going to greet her in. He presented her to the rest of the first years. All of them are shocked. That is 110% Shimizu's ability. Shut everyone mouths for 10 seconds.