Chapter 30

Pov Kiyoko

"Hi, there." "H-h-h-hello." "My name is Shimizu Kiyoko." "I'm Sugawara Koushi." "Yes, I know. We are eternal rivals. Remember." "Really. Thought you quitted." "Why would I let you win." "Oh no. Talk later. Run now." "Wait. Where are you going?" "Anywhere. Before those guys beat me up." "Mm. I'm going with you." At, that moment.

Everything started.

"What?! You have read Moby Dick!!" "Of course. What did you expect?" "Opinions?" "The first part was great but then it worsened." "I know right!" We shared common interests.

"Ha. I got a higher grade than you in English." "Dang I should've have studied more." "Ha, ha. Loser." "Oh, look my grade in Japanese is higher." "No way." "Yes way." "Freak. I knew I had to get that in my head." "Bad for you loser." We competed a lot. A LOT.

"Skill competition!!" "Your on." We challenged each other.

"I know 7 languages perfectly." "Yeah, genius tell me which." "Well Japanese obviously, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese and Korean. Though I'm starting to learn German as well." "You are good. Though how many instruments do you play?" "None. Why?" "I know how to play seven as well." "I hate you." "I know. And I'll get that as a compliment." We tried to surpass each other (it always failed).

"Okay, okay, okay. You are telling me you don't like volleyball seriously." "I'm not saying that. I'm just saying athletics are the best sport." "There is no way. It's plain boring dude." "No, it isn't. You just don't know it's magic. When you get in that track and just run. You'll feel it's purpose." "Sure." "Go to hell dude." "You go to hell bitch." "I know. I'm a badass bitch." "Fuck you." We argued a lot too.

But.

"Drinking battle!!!" "How much longer are they going to keep drinking?" "I don't know. They have already beaten everyone in the party." "Please don't remind me of that."

"Let's steal that car." "No. You two are drunk." "Then what do I do with the keys." "Bro." "Hell yeah." "Let's go."

"You know what they say. Better get beaten up than getting abandoned by your parents." "Nobody says that." "Well, I do."

"You like Koushi, you like Koushi." "Oh hell no. He is crazier than a walrus with heals." "Hey."

"I'll kill you when we finish this." "Ha very funny. So, you were scared of roller-coasters Kiyo." "And you are scared of heights." "No, I'm no--- AAAAAAAAAH!!!! THIS IS SO HIGH UP!!" "Ha. AAAAAAAAAH!!!! WE ARE GOING AT FULL SPEEED!!!"

"By that he means jumping from the second floor of a school building and nearly killing the biology teacher in the process." "Oh, come on."

"You are slower than the villain's horse." "What does that suppose to mean!!"

"Why don't you join as the manager of the volleyball team?" "Yeah sure."

"Bye I'm going to spend some days at Chiyo's house." "Okay. Don't break your legs again." "Fuck you."

"I see your legs finally healed." "Yes. How did you know that?" "Because you are not walking like an 85-year-old woman."

All those moments together. Were the best of my live.

And then.

"Because I'm in love with you Koushi." I build up the courage. To tell him. "I also am in love with you." And responded. My happiness couldn't be greater.

When I think about it even if both of us suffered all the time. Even if at that moment we had both had our own panic attacks and didn't trust anybody else than ourselves and the closest people around us. It was at that moment.

That I felt as if my life actually mattered.

But now, he is gone.

The ambulances are already here. And the police. Koemi and Kanna are here too. I can't even move. Ika is shouting. His pulse isn't reviving. The team is crying. Chaos everywhere.

I am just sitting here. Paralysed. Kanna is trying to make me move. What is happening? Why am I here?

I feel as if something is wrong. I shouldn't be here. I can't be here. This is just a dream. This is just a dream.

It all turned black. Only one light. Far, far away. I run towards it. He's there. I know it.

The love of my life.

-------------

Then I was here.

"Interesting. Do you remember, who you are?" "I'm Shimizu Kiyoko." "Correct. Your name is Shimizu Kiyoko. And you were hit by a car 7 years ago. You have just awoken from that coma."

"No way. That's impossible. You are telling me i-i-it was all a dream." "Yes, yes indeed."

"A-a-and him? Was he a dream." "I'm afraid so. You must overcome those feelings."