School Bus.

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's up, everyone! :D

I'm so glad that you're reading this! Thank you! :)

So, this chapter is different.

No Zack is in this chapter.

But, no worry! His story is not over!

I really hope you enjoy! :D

This chapter is dedicated to Beneathburningskies! Thanks for fanning and voting! I really appreciate it! :)

Now, enough of me. On to the story!!!

Thanks.

-Shelby :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Seventeen~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

The rest of the day ran long.

Zack disappeared sometime during the day, and I didn't see him until last period.

Gabe didn't show up for school, which is strange.

The only person who talked to me at all, besides the teachers, was Julia. And she was starting to get on my nerves.

"So, we should get our nails done." She looks at my nails with distaste. "Your nails are...Breaking."

I sigh and roll my eyes. This is the fourth time that she has told me this today. "My nails are fine, Julia."

She makes a huffing noise, and I close my locker. "Your nails are anything, but fine."

Honestly, I could care less about my nails. My priority is to get my life back to normal.

"Whatever." I pull my bag strap over my shoulder. "I can't go today. I'm busy. Maybe next week." I'm not really lying....I am busy....

I start walking away from her, and she catches up to me. "Well, what are you doing today?"

Going to try to call Gabe and if he doesn't answer, I'm going to stalk him down. "My Grandma is coming over..She, um, wants to come over for dinner."

Now that's a lie. My Grandmother died before I was alive.

She flips her black hair over her shoulder. "Oh."

We both dodge a couple of guys who's in a wrestling match, and I start feeling bad about lying to her. "Maybe we can hang out tomorrow?"

Her brown eyes brighten up, and she smiles. "Awesome! We'll have a girls night, and do each others nails, our hair, and face! We'll have such fun!" I grimace thinking about it, and she rolls her eyes at me."It's not going to be bad."

Yeah right. "Okay."

She sighs, like I'm the most horrible person in the world, then she points to a shiny green Jeep. "My Mom's here. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod my head and she gives me a quick hug, taking me by surprise. "Bye, Julia."

Julia smiles. "Bye-Bye." She waves then walks off.

I walk over to the stupid bus, walk to the back --trying to ignore all of the kids--, and I sit down in an empty seat.

You see, our town is not big. In fact, it's so small, that the middle kids, and the high school kids, share the bus.