Chapter Twelve

Work ended pretty quickly after Mikey and I talked about the couple in the corner, and Charlotte rushed us to get the cafe clean. I explained to Aud that I was going to walk back home with Mikey, so she didn't have to wait for me.

We cleaned up the cafe quicker than we ever have before, in a mere 20 minutes.

...

"We're taking off!" I call to Charlotte who was in the kitchen taking dishes out of the dish washer, and packing them away.

"Have fun, see you later!" she called back.

"You ready?" Mikey asked.

"Yup." I answer.

Mikey, looks from my eyes to my hand and back, silently asking if he could hold my hand. Without verbally answering, I take his hand, and he gives me a smile.

I pull him towards the door, and am sure to lock it behind me, so that Charlotte doesn't have to worry about it.

"So what do you want to watch?" he asks after a block or so of silence.

"How about a scary movie?" he says raising and dropping his eye brows.

"No way buddy." I say giggling a bit.

"Okay okay, not a scary movie. What about a cartoon?" he says laughing.

"I'm in." I reply, and we giggle.

"Really?" he asks surprised.

"Yeah, why not?" I say shrugging, "Disney?"

"Is there anything but Disney?"

"Good point." I say.

We continue walking in silence, with him swaying our hands in sync with our walking.

By the time we get back to my house, it's a bit darker, and Aud's car is parked in the driveway.

I lead him through the side door, and through the kitchen, passing Aud, who stood with a mouthful of pasta, and gave a mumbled 'awwwww' to Mikey and I as we walked passed her.

I lead Mikey up to my bedroom, and let go of his hand when he walked in the room behind me.

As I made my rounds, taking my shoes off, throwing them in my closet, hanging my purse up, and opening my laptop, Mikey stood in the doorway silent and awkward.

"You okay?" I asked giggling a bit, and typing my laptop password in.

Mikey, instead of speaking in reply,simply nods, then looks to the floor.

I take the computer off my lap, and stand up off my bed, then make my way over to him.

Before he can say anything, I grab both of his hands and pull him towards my bed, as I walk backwards.

When the heels of my feet hit the bed, I let go of his hands, and climb up on it, sitting criss-cross in my desired spot.

Mikey stood with a goofy smile on his face, and didn't move until I patted the spot next to me. He then mimicked my actions, crawling up on the bed, and stretching out next to me.

"So weird." I say to him, as I click the Netflix bookmark.

...

An hour or so later, Hercules (Our movie of choice) was over. At some point during the movie, I too stretched my legs out, and rested my head on Mikeys chest. Our hands were intertwined, and as the credits rolled, lightly he kissed the top of my head.

"You barely vlogged today." Mikey reminds me after a few minutes of silence.

"Shoot." I say as I sit up, and reach on the side table to grab my camera.