Chapter Twenty-Three

When we entered Lemonade, there they say, our best friends on a secret date. This was Mikey and I's chance to mess with them.

Mikey and I sit at a table on the opposite side of the diner then them, and order our drinks, when they arrive our plan is a go. 

I place my hand on the table and Mikey places his over mine. I quickly pull it away.

"Don't touch me" I say loud enough for Aud and Luke to hear me. 

"Why do you always do this? Mikey questions quietly, trying to calm the storm.

"It's not always me you know?" I say standing from my seat.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Back to the hotel. Maybe you can ask 'Meghan' to eat the food we ordered. Since you like her so much." I say, the turn on my heals and leave.

When I leave I continue marching down the street in case the two were still watching through the windows, but when I turn the corner, I climb into the Uber Mikey and I were to get in.

I climb in and look up at the driver, "My boyfriend is paying, he'll be out in a minute." I explain and the driver just nods. 

As if on que, Mikey walked out of the restaurant and started towards the car, then climbed in.

"What did you do when I left?" I ask laughing.

"Slapped a twenty on our table, acted angry and left." he laughs along with me.

"They are going to be so confused." I say and we continue laughing.

As simple as that part of the plan was, we are going to keep it going as log as possible, trying to confuse the truth out of Aud and Luke.

.

When we get back to the hotel, Mikey and I go back to his room, flop down on the bed, and I start to vlog a bit more, to get as much footage as I could for the day.

"Hey guys, so right now, Mikey and  I just got back to the hotel." I say then show him in the shot, "We went out to dinner after I got back from my meeting, and I think we're just going to sit, and edit?" I ask looking over to Mikey.

"I don't need to edit, my video is already up for this week." he says a-matter-of-factly. 

"Great, then you have time to edit my vlog?" I ask with a giggle.

"Ha-ha very funny." he says, followed by a laugh. "Also you guys. I just want to say, even though since Luna signed with Darling, nothing is going to change between us." he says then grabs my hand. 

"And I know right when I post this video, there is going to be some craziness in the comments, but he and I have already talked about this whole thing, and we know this is the best option. Plus I'll be back and forth between L.A and New Jersey, so I'll be seeing him all the time." I smile over at Mikey. 

"Anyway, I'll see you guys tomorrow, I love you, goodbye!." I smile, then turn my camera off. 

I set my camera down on the table next to the bed, and lay down next to Mikey, and cuddle up next to him, as he wraps his arms around me. 

"I don't want things to change." I say after a few minutes. 

"They won't." he assures me. 

"How can you be so sure?" 

"Because." he says then pauses. "Because I love you." he says and I lift my head off his chest and look at him.

"What?" I whisper, shocked. 

"Well, yeah. I love you. I've been thinking about telling you, but then all the stuff with Darling happened, and I didn't want me to be the reason you passed up the opportunity. And I know it's kind of quick, and I don't expect you to say it back. But I just want you to know, that I love you." he finishes.

I lean forward and press my lips to his and he wastes no time kissing me back. 

When we pull apart, I lay my head back down on his chest. 

No, I don't tell him I love him back, because as much as I do, he's going back to New Jersey, and I'm not going with him. 

Seconds later the door burst open, and in marches Luke.

"Who the hell is Meghan?" he asks, looking way more angry than Mikey and I thought he would be. "What the? Luna?" he asks, "I thought, but you guys. Meghan." 

"Well you thought wrong. " I say and Mikey and I burst into giggles. 

"Luke, Luna's not in our-" Aud says as she enters the room, "Hotel room." she says slowly more, confused than I've ever seen her. "What's going on?" 

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to look as innocent as possible. 

"I mean, he's cheating on you. And you don't care?" She screams. 

"Me? Cheating?" Mikey says, sounding surprised. 

"We saw you guys, fighting, at Lemonade." Luke yells. 

"How would both of you guys see us? Mikey told me you guys were both on dates." I say, sitting up, "And you guys couldn't have been together, because, you guys are our best friends, we would know if you guys were-"

"A couple." Mikey finishes for me. 

Luke and Aud give each other a stare.

"You knew?" Aud and Luke say at the same time.

"We knew." Mikey and I answer. 

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR COMING AUGUST 10TH

"Hey, Mikey." I say as he walks away from me at the airport to go to his plane. "I love you too." I reply, and he rushes back to me, with arms wide open.