Chapter Ten

Mikey and I left the place, hand in hand, and started walking down the sidewalk, back to my house.

"So 100 flavors?" I ask smiling.

"Yup." he says popping the 'p'.

"Have you tried them all?"

"Twice." he says looking down at me chuckling.

"No way!" I insist, stopping in my tracks.

"Yeah!" he smiles, stopping with me, because of our connected hands.

"How is that even possible?" I ask, starting to walk again.

"I have no friends." he says, and a bubble of giggles surround us.

And the conversation stops there, and doesn't pick back up until we get back to my house.

It wasn't bad, not a bad silence at all. Perfect actually. We walked, and Mikey swung our hands in a pattern with our footsteps.

"So next Friday?" he asks, when we get to my front door.

"Absolutely." I smile, and he drops my hand.

"Great." he says awkwardly.

"Well, call me when you get home, so I know you made it safe." I tell him, and he smiles, and a blush creeps up his cheeks.

Before, he can tell that I too am covered in a red blush, I leaned forward and pecked his cheek.

"Bye Mikey." I say smiling, and opening the front door and rushing inside, embarrassed of what I had just done.

I shut the door behind me, and took a few deep breaths, then turned to look out the front window at what Mikey was doing. And right when I looked, he then turned away from the house, and made his way down the front path, and started to make his way home.

"Is that Luna?" Charlotte yelled excitedly from upstairs.

"No, i'm here to steal all your stuff, stay up there." I call back, and start walking towards the kitchen, while removing my purse from my body.

Seconds later Charlotte and Aud were tromping down the steps to see me.

"How was it?" Aud asks.

"Where did you go?" Charlotte asked as Aud finishes her sentence.

"Did you have fun?" Aud goes this time.

"Did you kiss him?" Charlotte quizzed.

"Would you guys shut up?" I ask laughing. "Okay, so we had a picnic and went to an ice cream place. Yes, it was good. Yes, I had fun. And no, I didn't kiss him." I say

"You didn't?" the say at the same time.

"On the cheek." I say, blushing.

"The truth comes out." Aud says laughing.

"The cheek isn't bad!" I insist.

"Okay." she says sarcastically.

"Shut up." I say smacking her arm. "I'm going to go upstairs." I say making my way to the steps.

"So soon? Come on hang out with us!" Charlotte asks.

"I have to film." I say and she nods understandingly.

"Alrighty then, have fun!" Charlotte says smiling.

I nod and jog up the steps.

When I reach my room, I check my phone for a call or text from Mikey, unfortunately not, knowing that he wasn't home yet, and wouldn't call until he was.