Chapter Nineteen

I pound on the hotel room Mikey and Luke were staying in. When the door swings open, Luke is revealed with a goofy smile on his face.

"Hey Luna, Mikey isn't here, he went to pick up some food." he explains.

"I'm not here for Mikey. Can I come in, I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, sure, of course." he said stepping to the side inviting me in. 

I rushed in, and took a seat on the couch with Luke close behind, taking a seat next to me. 

"What's wrong?"

"Luke, I need advice on something. But you have to promise you won't tell anyone. Not Mikey, or Audalee." I beg.

"Of course! What's going on? You're scaring me." he says nervously smiling.

"Okay. So, after Jess told you and Mikey so wait for me down in the Taxi, her and Mona talked to me about a full time modeling job." I explain.

"What? That's amazing! Why are you freaking out so much?" he asks, and what seems like 200 pounds of worry drop from his face.

"You didn't let me finish. I would stay out here. In L.A. Go to school here, live here,  work here. All the time." I finish.

"Oh." he says, with his face filling again with worry. "When?" 

"I'm supposed to give Jess and Mona an answer tomorrow if I want to meet with some guy from Darling Magazine."

"Tomorrow?" he assures.

"Yup." 

"That's so soon."

"Well, yeah, the man, from Darling, wants to meet with me while we're still here in California. And if all goes well, I'll stay here." I explain.

"For how long?" he questions.

"I don't know, they didn't say much, just that he wants me, and that I need a manager." I finish.

"Alright. Well, I think that it's an amazing opportunity, that you can't pass up. But didn't you just move to New Jersey?" he asks evaluating me.

"Well yeah, but I think Aud and Charlotte would be really supportive of this whole thing. I mean this is what I've always wanted. It would be dumb to pass it up. Right?"

"Well yeah, but California is a long ways from New Jersey." he points out.

"And from Mikey." I add.

"I'm 100% supportive of whatever you decide, but I can't be the one to make you pass it up, or make you take it. You have to decide on your own." he finishes.

"Thank you so much!" I say reaching over and hugging him.

He holds me for  a few moments before the door opening, breaking us from our embrace. Luke and I jump away from one another, and look to see Mikey standing in the door way.

"What's going on?" he asks quietly, nervously.

"Nothing." Luke and I say at the same time.

I stand from my seat as Mikey enters the room further, setting the food he had just bought on the counter.

"I just needed some advice, and you weren't here, so I was talking to Luke." I say trying not to give away anything we had been talking about.

"Alright?" he says sounding a bit unsure.

"I'll see you later okay?" I say pecking a kiss to his cheek before rushing out of the room.

When the door shuts behind me, I stop, and press my beck to the wall, letting out a deep breath.

After a few minutes, I start my way to Charlotte's hotel room.

.

"Hey L, how was the meeting?" She asked after she opened the door for me.

Luckily, Aud wasn't here, so I was able to explain the situation to Char.

So, that's what I do. I tell her about my day, the interview, the outfit I'll be wearing for the shoot tomorrow, and lastly the conversation Jess, Mona and I had at the end of the day. I tell her how I'd have to stay here in L.A at least for a few months.

She assured that she fully trusts me, and what I do, and that she supports everything. 

"What do you think I should do?" I ask.

"I think you should take the offer. Things like this only happen once in a life time, and this is your time. I trust that you'll keep up with your school work. I'll tell Aud if you'd like."

"Could you please? I need to go meet with Mikey. I think when he walked in on me and Luke he thought something else was going on." I say with a slight giggle to my voice.

I talk with Charlotte a bit longer, about the effects of me staying here, and in the long run, she convinces me, I need to take the offer. 

I leave her room, to go meet with Mikey.

I take the walk back to his room, when I get there, I, for the second time today, stand outside of his room, and knock on the door.

Seconds later the door swings open.

"Hey Luna!" Mikey greets, much happier than when I left before. Luke must have explained that what we talked about wasn't worrying.

"Hey, what are you guys up to?" I ask, following Mikey into the room.

"We're just about to go out for dinner, you want to come with?" Luke asks smiling.

"No no, I'll let the bromance flourish, I'm tired anyway, I think I'm going to go to bed early." I lie.

In all reality, I'm going to probably take a walk downtown, and maybe meet up with someone, but I'll let them have some time. 

"Are you sure?" Mikey asks.

"Yeah, you guys go. Have fun!" I assure. "Do you guys maybe want to go out for breakfast tomorrow? You guys, Aud and I?" 

"Yeah, sure!" Luke answers, and Mikey nods, agreeing.

"Alright all see you guys in the morning." I say, before walking back towards the door. "Bye." I smile, receiving a goodbye from both of them, before leaving.

When I get out to the hall alone, I pull out my phone and shoot Luke a short text. 

'Hey, don't mention anything about earlier to Michael, I'll talk with him tomorrow at breakfast.'

CHAPTER TWENTY COMING JULY 9TH

"What do you mean, stay here?" he asks with what looks to be tears swelling up in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. But this is what I've wanted all along." I try explaining.