Chapter Eighteen

Mikey's POV.********

She looked so frail, small, weak even. I could count her ribs. 

I guess I'd just thought she was just smaller than me. Out of all the times, that I'd wrapped my arms around her, I'd never noticed. 

Her chest looked sunken in, and he collar bones stabbed like daggers. 

She must have noticed my looking her over, because she looked down at the floor when she looked into my eyes, and an adorable blush sat upon her cheeks.

I took a seat at one of the chairs next to Luke, who had been in here with her. 

"How did your interview go?" he asked right away.

"Good, uhm, can I talk to you? Out in the hall? Please?" I mumble, so Luna couldn't hear.

"Yeah. Sure man." he answered more confused than sure. 

"We'll be right back, do you want some coffee?" I call to Luna as I stand up.

"No thank you!" she answered smiling bright.

Luke followed me out of the room quickly, seeing the fear in my eyes I think. 

I did't speak until he and I were loaded into the elevator, alone.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks.

"Please don't tell me I was the only one who noticed." I say, pacing back and forth in the small space.

"Noticed what? Mikey what are you talking about?" 

"Luna!" I whisper yell.

"What about her?" he finishes as the doors slide open, showing us the lobby, which we rush out of.

"How, I don't know, small she is?" I continue our conversation.

"Small?" he questions back, "I mean, isn't she like 5 foot or something?" he asks giggling.

"Come on Luke, you know what I mean, you were in there with her, you had to have noticed how, skinny, she is." I finish, whilst rushing down the street to the closest coffee shop.

"You're over thinking it, she's the size of an eight year old, you can't expect her to be much bigger than she is now with that height." he says laughing. 

I think for a moment and take a deep breath, calming my nerves. "Yeah, you're probably right." 

"It's fine. Now come on, I need coffee." he says, and we continue on our way to the closest Starbucks.

Luna's POV*****

"This looks amazing!" I say, once again, twirling one last time in the mirror.

"Doesn't it?" Jess giggles.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity!" 

"Stop thanking us, you did all the hard work to get here." Jess smiles, taking a seat back at her desk, while Mona starts taking the skirt off me, careful not to move any pins.

"Now when you come in tomorrow, dress comfy, we'll have everything here for you, you can just tie your hair up in a bun, and makeup is definitely not needed." Mona explains.

"Alright. I can do that." I smile.

Mona continued to take the top and skirt off me. 

I had just gotten my top on, when Luke and Mikey burst back into my room. 

"You two are lucky! Jesus! I could have been naked!" I joke as they come back in, making themselves comfortable.

"I told you we should have ran!" Mikey jokes looking over to Luke.

"I'll tell you two the same thing I told Luna, come tomorrow dressed comfortable." Jess explains as I stand from my chair, and walk towards Mikey.

"What? They don't get the same warning on keeping my hair natural, Mikey takes longer than I do on his hair." I say, wraping my arms around Mikey's torso, then placing my cheek on his chest.

"I do not!" he fights back, hugging me back.

"Whatever you say."

"The cab is here!" We are interrupted by crazy Madaline bursting back into the room.

"Boys, you go, we need to speak with Luna for a moment." Jess orders. "Get plenty of sleep, we'll see you in the morning." she finishes.

Mikey and Luke leave the room with Madaline, and I am left alone in the room with Mona and Jess.

"Is there a problem?" I ask, worried.

"No, actually, we have an offer for you." Mona explains. "I suppose, I didn't give my full job description. Yes, I do some side work here at Seventeen, but I work here and there for Darling Magazine." she explains. "Jess sent some of your videos links to one of her friends there, a photographer, and he wants to meet with you. Like soon, before your vacation ends." Mona explains. 

"Are you joking? Like Darling Magazine. Like THE Darling Magazine?" I basically yell in the office.

"Yes, Darling Magazine." Jess repeats laughing at me. "But we need to think this all out. You don't have a managing team, you've never even done work for anyone before now." she finishes.

"You don't have to know right now. If you call us tomorrow, we can set up a meeting for tomorrow evening, I'll call the best managers in the business, and we can find you a team." Mona offers.

"I don't know what to say! I mean, of course I'll think about it. You say I can get back to you tomorrow? Like after the shoot?" I question.

"Yes of course, and if you realize this whole thing isn't for you, i'll let them know you aren't interested." Jess answers.

"Wow, okay, Ill think about it." I say barely able to wipe the smile off my face. 

"Sounds good to me." Jess replies. 

I grab my bag, and sling it over my shoulder, and walk towards the door. 

"Oh, and Luna?" Mona asks, "Could you keep this between us? I mean of course you'll need to talk to your guardians, but no videos about it, at least until everything is decided." Mona begs.

"Of course." I smile.

The elevator ride down from Jess's office seems like a second. Thousands of thoughts fly through my mind before the doors slide open. 

CHAPTER NINETEEN COMING JULY 6TH 2015

I pound on the hotel room Mikey and Luke were staying in. When the door swings open, Luke is revealed with a goofy smile on his face.

"Hey Luna, Mikey isn't here, he went to pick up some food." he explains.

"I'm not here for Mikey. Can I come in, I need to talk to you."