Chapter Seventeen

"Come on Aud get up." I say for the eight time this morning.

She never sleeps later than me, I guess it's the jetlag getting to her.

Since I've woken up, about an hour ago, I've already taken a shower and finished getting ready. Today I choose, yet another romper. My obsession right now I suppose. Today's romper-of-choice, is a floral number, covered in red and pink flowers, and a few green leaves. For shoes, I grab a simple pair of brown leather strappy sandals. My long, rather annoying hair, is left natural, and for makeup, I go with just mascara, considering sunglasses will cover my face the majority of the day.

"Aud, I'm gonna leave without you." I say as I scurry around the room, trying to fold up my pajamas and put my makeup away.

"I'm up okay?" she moans after a minute or two.

Today Mikey and I have a few meetings, and an interview, before the shoot tomorrow, so Aud and Charlotte were  going to come with me. 

Just as Aud rolls out of bed, and opens her mouth to speak, my phone begins to ring.

"Just get ready." I say before I answer the call.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone, after not recognizing the number calling.

"Hello? Luna Monroe?" a women's voice on the other end of the call asks.

"That's me."

"Hi Miss Monroe, this is Jess Kimah, I work with Seventeen." she explains in her high pitch voice.

"Oh, hello."

"Are you enjoying your stay so far?" she asks.

"Absolutely, it's amazing here. We love it." I smile.

"That's great. I'm just making sure you are still planning on coming in today for the interview? And you have the address right?"

"Of course."

"Alright, I'll see you soon Miss Monroe." 

"Okay, thank you."

"Goodbye." she says before hanging up abruptly.

I tell Aud and Charlotte to forget it and stay in bed, hoping that the meetings wouldn't run very long. 

...

The cab ride to the office building is short, and when I get to the building I find Mikey standing outside waiting for me. 

"Michael!" I smile as I climb out of the cab and walk towards him.

"Hey!" he returns the smile, before grabbing my hand, and intertwining our fingers.  "They want us upstairs soon so we better go." he finishes motioning to the building ahead of us. 

He pulls me inside, holding the doors open for me with his free hand, while never letting go of me with his other.  We pass the front desk and the woman working there just gave us a friendly smile, recognizing us I suppose. Mikey and I continue into the elevator, riding up in silence. When the doors finally slide open, we are faced with a mess of desks, people, and the sounds of phones ringing, and the mumble of voices. 

"Mr. Murphy, Miss Monroe." I hear from my left as we step out of the elevator. 

I turn my head, and am faced with a woman, dressed in a tight blue dress and heels. 

"Hello." I smile, letting go of Mikey's hand so I am able to shake hers.

"Hello, I'm Madaline O'Hare." she says as she takes my hand in hers giving it a stern shake, then doing to same to Mikey. "I don't mean to rush you two, but Jess is waiting just in the other room ready to start with the fittings." she finishes.