Chapter 25

Dean and Ace change into their swimsuits.

When Ace is ready he calls Dean "Dean you're ready f -for..." Ace looks at Dean wide-eyed.

Dean stands there in his swimming trunks and his towel in his hand. You can see his entire upper body. Ace swallows. Can he handle this?

"You stare Ace", Dean puts his hand to his mouth with a giggle.

Ace is startled. " W... What !??" He immediately looks away.

Dean bites his lip for a moment. Cute! "Let's go." He grabs Ace's wrist as Ace even swoons. "Okay."

They first take a shower where they meet Anna. Anna watches the two boys like a hawk. Dean sighs softly. He doesn't want to start that way.

"Hey An, let's go down the slide together. Then I'll push you hard at the end!" That's what they always did in the past. And so he can calm the tense atmosphere a bit. When Anna hears that, she nods cheerfully. But Ace immediately looks at Dean and then at Anna.

"Ooh and let's jump into the cold bath together!" Dean says and looks at Anna and this time he also looks at Ace.

"Yes! That will be super cold Dean" Ace looks at Anna. "And you... A..Anna ...d. do you want to go to the. c..cold bath too?" Ace looks at her with difficulty and nervousness. He wants to do well against the hawk...uh Anna we mean :). Dean looks at him proudly too. Awh you can do it my Ace.

Anna gives Ace the hawk look. She looks at Dean, who looks at her with the hope that she's going to say 'yes. "Okay then", and Ace nods. "Only I'm doing it for Dean."

Irritated, Ace rolls his eyes. Dean, on the other hand, ignores them both, but his eyes light up all over. The three of them are the first to walk to the slide. As agreed, Dean and Anna go straight behind each other and Dean pushes her forward at the last, causing her to make a fast pace. Anna likes it as always and puts her arms in the air. " Woooo !!" You can hear her calling down the slide.

Ace stands at the end of the slide watching Anna get down. After Anna is downstairs you'll see Dean arriving downstairs a bit later. They both burst out laughing.

"Oh wow, this was so much fun! Just like the old days!" Anna says enthusiastically to Dean and shakes him back and forth. Dean laughs and nods enthusiastically.

On the other side of the slide, Ace looks at the two. He is a little jealous of them. Although Anna has already noticed. She completely ignores Ace and focuses on Dean.

Dean, of course, doesn't notice. "Hey An, I want to try to swim quickly in the big pool anyway," says Dean.

Anna gives Dean a concerned look. She knows something about Dean that Ace doesn't.

"I'd really like to try it again," Dean says hopefully.

" Hmm," Anna thinks. "Okay Dean, but be careful."

Dean nods excitedly. "It was so long ago!"

"I know, but I don't want another accident Dean," Anna says concerned. Ace listens to the two. Accident? What accident?

"I'll be careful, okay?" Dean tells her.

Anna looks hard at Dean. Still, she says, "Okay," to Dean. They both swim to the edge to get out of the water.

"Come on Ace", Dean says and reaches out his hand to help him out of the water.

Ace takes Dean's hand in silence without saying a word.

"Let's go to the big swimming bath," Dean says with a smile and takes Ace with him. Ace smiles back. His thought of "accident" still gnaws in his stomach. Judging by Ace's face, Dean notices. Somehow, Ace knows that he and Anna heard them. For some reason, he's guilty of not telling Ace. Ace grabs Dean's hand to get his attention. "I'll check at the bank over there." He points to the bench that is right next to the pool.

Dean gives him a guilty look. "Okay then... but look at me because I'm going to show you something you didn't know about me!"

Ace looks at Dean questioningly and rubs the knuckles on Dean's hand. "Can not wait!"

Dean nods at him. He lets go of Ace's hand. Ace and Anna sit down on the couch. Dean dips his foot in the water for a moment. He immediately gets butterflies in his stomach.

Anna and Ace look at Dean. "Anna, can I ask you something?" Ace asks.

"Hm okay", Anna says and looks at him with her hawk eyes that Ace is a bit quiet.

"What did you mean by the 'accident'?" Ace asks.

" Oh, of course, you don't know that yet," Anna says to him. "Well, Dean had a swimming accident on his leg 2 years ago."

Ace looks shocked. "W-what? How?"

"Dean was a competitive swimmer, " Anna explains to him. "And a good one too!"

"Wow! I certainly think so." Ace enthuses how he can see Dean swimming super fast in the water.

"See for yourself", Anna says and points to Dean who is ready on one of the sturdy diving boards. Anna and Ace watch Dean get ready. He leans forward and holds the front of the starting block with his hands. Dean takes a deep breath. 1...2...3! He pushes himself off, making a kind of jump, and dives into the water. A perfect dive as he taught it. Ace's eyes get big. Then Dean resurfaces and swims to the other side. There he makes a roll underwater and pushes himself against the edge for speed. Then he swims back. Ace stands up and claps to his boyfriend like an enthusiastic boyfriend. "Go Dean!"

When Dean is back at the start, he clings to the edge and takes a deep breath. His whole face just glows and his hand is trembling over his mouth. I did it. His hands tremble on his mouth. He feels again that sensational tension that he got every time during the competition swim. Thank you I can still swim.

"Wow! Dean went fast! Dean went fast!" Repeats Ace all the time.

Dean climbs out of the pool and sits on the edge for a moment, his stomach twitching. It's been so long since he had this feeling!

Ace runs up to Dean and hugs him. Dean is startled for a moment but then hugs him back. "How did you like it?"

"Fantastic!" he says excitedly.

Dean giggles. " Yay !"

"Dean you were really that fast. I forgot how pretty you could be" Ace gestures with his hands as he continues talking.

Dean laughs. "It's been a while since I did it."

"But you did a great job and I think the accident is terrible for you."

" Thank you and there's nothing you can do about the accident. What happened, happened," Dean tells him. Ace's face turns to sadness.

"It's okay," Dean says and runs a hand through Ace's hair and pulls it back. Dean nods happily that he likes it.

"Come on let's go for a swim." Ace lets go of Dean and grabs his hand.

Dean nods happily, "Yes". Ace immediately calls Anna to go swimming with them. This is how Anna, Dean, and Ace swim together until it's time to leave. They start from Anna to Ace swimming competition. Back on the slide together. Anna even allowed her to be lifted by Ace and they both jump into the water. Even Dean has given Ace a few kisses underwater. The three never wished for a better swimming day. And maybe the bond between Ace and Anna has gotten better now.