Chapter 7

Dean opens the door at home. "Sis I am home!" His sister runs towards him and gives him a big hug. Dean also gives her a hug back. "What's wrong sis?" She releases Dean and grabs him tightly by the shoulder. "The director called me and said you were not at school. When I called Anna and she said she was sick at home, but she went to see if you were really at school."

Dean looks down and is ashamed that he should have worried his sister and Anna too. "Sorry, sis." "I'm just glad you're home," says his sister and gives him a big hug. "Oh mama's here and she wanted to talk to you about you and a boy."

"Mom is here?" Dean looks surprised at his sister. His sister nods and walks to the living room. Dean also walks into the living room and there's their mother sitting on a chair. Their mother doesn't look at all like him or his sister. It's their foster mother.

"Hey ma", Dean says.

"Hello Dean" she says in a normal tone. She looks at him.

Dean sits down in front of his mother. "Sis said you wanted to talk to me." His mother nods. His sister sits next to Dean. "Yes, about the story that you are being bullied at school." His sister looks scared at Dean. "Dean is that true?" Dean looks at his mother in astonishment for "Why do you think that?" "Because I heard it from the director and your friend, Anna" his mother replies. Dean looks down. Now it is impossible to hide it. "Only today, I was harassed." "What did they do? When was it? Who did it?" His sister intervenes in the conversation.

Dean looks at his sister and only feels guilty when he sees her face. "Only today, this morning at school."

"Is that really true Dean?" His mother asks and looks at him seriously. Dean nods. "But I was helped by a classmate. That's why I wasn't in school." His sister looks at him curiously. She herself knows that Dean is only friends with Anna. "Who was this classmate?" "Ace," Dean replies.

His mother and sister are quiet for a moment. Dean also remains silent.

His mother gets up. "I want to talk to Ace once." "You don't have to, Mom," Dean says quickly. "But I want it," his mother says firmly. "Me too Dean!" His sister intervenes again. Dean looks hard for a moment. "Is ... is that necessary?" His mother nods. "Okay then." Dean really can't compete with his mother and sister "When?" "Tomorrow at the weekend," says his mother. Dean nods at them.

His mother leaves the living room. His sister looks at him for a long time. Dean realizes it and looks at his sister. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Her face changed to concern. "Dean, I'm worried about you. What if the bullying gets worse?" "I know, I'm very sorry," Dean tells her. His sister gives him a big hug. Dean also gives her a hug back. And then his sister starts crying. "Sis!" Dean looks surprised. "Dean, I don't want you to be bullied," his sister sobs says. "Don't cry, it's not that bad," he tries to reassure her. "But you are the only one left." Dean is holding on to his sister. "And I won't leave you either." Her crying is getting worse. "I-I love you." "Me too," Dean tells her and tries to stay strong. "Mom and Dad would be proud of you because you are such a strong boy." She is drying her tears. "The only thing I want is that you are happy." "As long as you are happy, I am", Dean says sincerely. "The same for me" She lowers Dean. "I'm going to help mom cook the food." "If I'm okay, I'll take a shower," Dean says, stroking her head. "Okay, take your time," says his sister. While she is being nicely stroked. "I do", he tells her and that's how the day went.

Their mother decided to stay with them in the guest room. Luckily they talked nicely about how things are going at home with her and how they do it at home after school. And so the day has ended and a new day has arrived. Dean does not have Ace's number so they have decided to go to his house. Dean tried to stop them, but that was impossible. They go with his mother's car to Ace house. Dean must lead the way. This is sometimes difficult because his mother is going in the wrong direction every time. Eventually they arrive at his house and all three get out. Dean hooks his arm into his sister's. Their mother is behind them.

"Is this the place? Do you know what number it is Dean?" "Yes, number 18," says Dean. Before he went home, he had quickly checked the house number of Ace house. "Okay then let's go." The three walk home number 18. Dean rings the doorbell. He stands nervously at the door with his sister in his arm and his mother behind him. His sister looks at him. "It will be okay," she whispers. Dean nods at her and smiles briefly. She knows him all too well. They wait a moment and then the door is opened. Ace is at the door. He looks surprised when he sees Dean. Then he looks even more surprised when he sees 2 women.

Immediately Dean is shy. "Uh, hey Ace, sorry to bother you in the middle of the weekend, but uhm ..." Dean looks at his sister. "Yes, I am Dean's sister and this is our mother. And we wanted to talk to you about Dean about what happened yesterday," his sister tells. Ace nods quietly. He doesn't know what to expect. Is it his actions in the toilet or the other one? Or maybe .... His head is at full speed. He lets them go inside.

Dean is nervous about what's going to happen. Will Ace get angry? Or his mother? Because you don't want to make them angry!

"You can sit in the living room. Maybe you want something to drink?" He asks politely, yes, that will be his plan. To be polite. "I don't thank you," says his sister. "Me neither, thank you," says Dean. Ace looks at Dean's mother. She asks for a cup of tea. When Ace's mother walks in, she sees Dean and she greets him in a friendly manner. "Hello Dean." "Good afternoon, ma'am," Dean says politely to Ace's mother. Ace is going to get a cup of tea for Dean's mother. "Sorry to bother you in the middle of the day," Dean says nicely. "Oh is not very Dean," she says. She nicely greets Dean's mother and his sister. She sits down on the other couch. Dean is sitting on another couch with his sister next to him and his mother next to him.

Dean's mother starts speaking. "My son was bullied at school yesterday. And something got out of hand, so your son helped my son," she says. Ace's mother listens carefully. Dean doesn't dare look at anyone. Ace comes in with tea for Dean's mother. With a cup of sugar and a spoon. He sit next to his mother. Dean's mother looks at Ace. "Can you tell me what happened yesterday on that day?" Dean fiddles with his shirt. He thinks it is terrible that everyone is involved with it. Ace looks at Dean's mother. "Well I was not there those minutes before, but I heard about a gossip that Dean had done something bad to Anna. And that Dean had mistreated Anna. The whole class looked at Dean like a piece of dirt. So then a few guys beat him up ", Ace says honestly. Dean's sister looks frightened at Dean. Dean sees it and his heart just breaks, he says: "I don't know how that gossip came about, but of course I will never do anything like that to Anna! About my corpse." His sister puts an arm over him. "I know. You will never do anything to Anna." He looks relieved at his sister. Ace looks from his sister to Dean. What a good sister he thinks in himself. "Thank you," he says to his sister for believing him. "Dean, I see you have a good sister," says Ace with a smile on his face. Dean is surprised by what Ace says and then smiles. "That's right, I can't live without it!" Ace smiles at Dean. "Don't forget the 'Deal'." "I haven't forgotten that yet," Dean says, laughing a bit. "Great. I thought you forgot it," Ace says, not looking at Dean anymore. Dean's sister looks questioningly at him. Deal? Which deal? A deal? "Don't worry about it," Dean says before him. "Yes, it's just a boy thing," says Ace. The sister looks back and forth suspiciously from Ace to Dean and then sighs. "Okay then." Ace mother shakes her head giggly. Ace immediately turns to his mother. While Dean looks at them questioningly. Ace gives him a blush look. "Mom," he hisses. "Sorry, sorry," she waves with a smile. But she gives him that look of it. "Aaww look at my son with his crush."

Dean looks questioningly at them. His sister looks at Dean again questioningly and Dean shrugs her shoulders. Ace mother focuses on them again. "Ace just wanted to ask if Dean could stay with us for a while, if that's allowed by you?"