-21-

Disclaimer:
To warn you all, if you haven't watched Black Widow there's a *teeny* ... I wouldn't call it spoiler, just a teeny bit of what happens in BW in this part. Honestly, it's so teeny and you're told about it in the first like 10 minutes of meeting Yelena. But I thought I'd add this incase you haven't seen it.
No actual huge BW spoilers in this whole story

———

"Natasha managed to get a tracking device hidden on the van when it was outside the property." Tony started to explain to the group the next day.

You woke wrapped in Buckys arms, still naked from the night before, and more happy than you've ever been.

Seeing his steel blue eyes shining at you in the morning, his smile that was just for you, it made your morning that much brighter.

It made you feel like nothing could go wrong.

Walking to the morning meeting, the two of you decided to keep it a secret until you had decided who was going to talk to Steve first; being his best friend, you believed it should be Bucky. He thought it should be you.

Unfortunately neither of you were backing down and both were coming up with good arguments why it should be the other.

The second you sat down Wanda stared at the two of you wide eyed.

"Not a word" you said in your stern voice, pointing at her to keep her mouth shut. Luckily she nodded and did a small squeal before Tony interrupted.

"They keep close to the same route and they seem to track a couple of teens before actually taking them." Natasha added on as Tony put up a few photographs and the map showing the vans route.

"We kept an eye on the building again and they scan in through the door before entering. It's not a case of knocking." Tony put up a video and we say two men with suitcases again going in.

"This is like number seven? Eight?" You sighed, fiddling with your fingers, knowing there's bound to be more than they know of.

"About that. About 2 or 3 a week, sometimes more." Tony sighed and put a hand on your shoulder, "we'll get them."

"I know." You smiled weakly, "it just sucks it took us this long."

"Thanks to you for spraining your ankle. Without that, you may not have ended up scrolling through social media and saw the post." Natasha smiled across the table to you,

It made you feel a little better that something good came from your pain. You just hoped that everyone was still there....no one had died.

Tony flicked up some more pictures and continued his ramblings but you zoned out, not thinking of anything in particular. Just thinking about your time there and what the others may be going through. Would they remember when they came out? Do they know how long they had been in there?

You heard your name, but it sounded as if it was coming through thick glass. Your eyes darted over to Natasha who was frowning at you.

You shook your head and heard your name again, "Yeah?"

"Did you just zone out?" Natasha asked

"Yeah. Sorry. What, what were you asking?" You blinked a few times to rid the memories and focused on Natasha.

She pointed up to the floating images and you saw your folder. Lists and lists of things. Tests. Experiments.

"Fun" you sighed sarcastically, raising your eyebrows.

"No. This one. Third one down." Bucky pointed to the third list, Tony zoomed into the list.

Winter Soldier programme
- super serum x1 - fail. Unable to extract from trial subject. Will go back to the board for approval to restart.
- super serum x2 - fail. Restart batch.
- super serum x3 - fail. No strength
- super serum x4 - fail. No strength. No hearing
- super serum x5 - fail. Hearing back. Minimal strength
- super serum x6 - in progress.
- we will need to revisit combat training. Trial subject AWOL. Will erase memories.

Tears burned your eyes as you read the list. Buckys hand gripped yours tight as you did the same to him, your knuckles turning white. But he didn't complain. You didn't realise you had hold of his metal hand, you were too focused on the lists.

"They we're trying to make more Winter Soldiers." You mumbled. "Make me a Winter Soldier."

"So they were working with HYDRA." Steve chimed in.

"And the Red Room." Natasha swallowed hard and everyone turned to her, except you.

You couldn't move your eyes off the list. You could've been another super soldier. Another to fight against the Avengers for this "greater good" they always banged on about.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asked for you. You were listening but you couldn't make a sound.

"Bruce told me what's happened. And I looked through the reports to find they were trialing chips on her and another subject. No name to that person and no file." Natasha leaned her elbows on the table and put her face in her hands.

"These chips were to control the Widows in the Red Room. They tested them on Y/N before sending them over."

Suddenly the hysterectomy made more sense. You blinked and looked over to Nat through tearful eyes. She looked back with a small, sad smile. She knew what had happened. You really should've spoke to her about this....

As if she knew what you were thinking, she nodded and the smile grew a little more, "later."

You nodded back and wiped the tears from your cheeks. "So, what do we do?"

Tony went over the plan; Wanda will control two guards minds, take the cards and uniforms for Steve and Bucky. As you were the littlest, you would curl up in a suitcase and be wheeled in with them.

You protested when you were told Clint wasn't coming in too. But Tony said more people needed to be outside then in, just incase it goes wrong then group 2 can go in while group 3 are on standby

———

"You'll be fine." Natasha smiled, strapping a gun holster to her thigh.

"You've got two super soldiers with you, what could go wrong?" Wanda smiled, applying a bit of lip gloss.

"Are you really applying make up?" You asked, leaning back against her wardrobe.

"I don't get that sweaty. It's all good." She winked and stood up, taking your hands in hers.

"But like Nat said, you'll be fine. You have to be. I'm gonna be surrogate. So you can't die."

It sounded positive, but you couldn't help but think of that "die" part.

You could.

You could die here.

Oh fuck.

———

PS. Sorry for spelling and grammar. I'm typing on my phone and sometimes autocorrect takes control 🙄 and I don't spot them until I reread three weeks later 🤣

I will be going over this when I finish and checking for mistakes.