12. LETS SPEND ETERNITY TOGETHER [E.T]

[You are Luna]

"OK, you can open your eyes." said Ethan and I could feel his hands lift from covering my eyes.

I opened my eyes and there I saw us standing in a space very special to me.

Five years ago...

"Wow, it's beautiful." said Ethan as he looked around the beautiful woods.

There was a little part right in the middle, surrounded by trees, that looked straight from a fairytale.

"Why is this place so special to you?" he asked when we were sat down against a tree trunk, eating sandwiches.

"Here my mother, grandmother and great grandmother got engaged. It's like a family tradition almost. Their husbands all proposed here in this exact area." I said, pointing to the flowery part in the middle. "I need to tell it to my future lover." 

"I'm sure they'll propose to you here, I mean, it's so beautiful." said Ethan.

"I hope they do but only if I want to and it's the right person."

"Oh, Ethan. You remembered about this place?" I said, turning to face him.

"Of course. I decided to take you out on a picnic." said Ethan pointing to the space in the middle that was surrounded by flowers.

There was a blue and white checkered blanket that lay on the ground with a woven basket placed on it and candles placed steadily in not very deep holes in the ground for light since it was sunset and it would be getting dark extremely soon. The blanket was placed in a perfect place right next to where the trees were so spaced out that you had a perfect view of the sun which was just setting.

"Oh, Ethan." I said, turning around and then kissing him. "Thank you, it looks beautiful." I whispered against his lips and I could feel him smiling.

We soon pulled away from each other and then he took my hand, leading me to the blanket.  I sat down and he sat opposite me.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, once he gave out the paper plates and sandwiches.

"There isn't one, can I not take my beautiful girlfriend out for a date somewhere private, away from the paprazzi?" he asked, smiling and I smiled back.

"You can." I answered, smiling. We ate our sandwiches, talking about what we think the future will be like whilst watching the sun set and soon we were left with a purple and dark blue sky and the only light was candle light that lightly illuminated the area.

"I think we should pick some flowers." said Ethan and I agreed. We stood up and went to get some flowers.

I went towards where the woods ended and picked flowers from there as they were the most colourful and lively there and Ethan went to the other side. We came back to the blanket and he started making a chain out of the flowers me and him found. When he finished it, he put it on my hair and looked at me, proudly.

"You look like a flower fairy." he said, smiling lovingly at me.

The crown was a little too big for me so it kept falling onto my eyes. "I think you made it a little too big." I laughed.

"I was thinking the same." he said and then took the crown off and took some flowers off that weren't right for using again. He made it again but this time it was way too small, it could have been a bracelet.

"Now that can't even fit a babies head." I said, laughing.

"Hm, can you get me some more flowers?" he said yet he was stressed for some reason.

"Of course." I said and went to pick more flowers from where I picked them before.

I turned around to see Ethan walking left to right behind me, murmuring things under his breath, stressingly. 

"You alright?" I asked, laughing.

"Jesus!" he exclaimed, looking at me in fear since I had scared him, making me laugh. "Alright, listen, Luna, I figured there isn't a right time to do this or a right thing to say so I'll just do it now." I looked at him in confusion. "I remember you bringing me to this place a couple months before we got together and telling me that this is where your family, for many generations, had gotten engaged and even though we weren't together yet," he put a piece of my hair behind my ear, looking me in the eyes. "I thought 'I want to marry that girl', the way your eyes lit up when you looked around this place made me sure of it. You've always listened to me when I was talking about my problems and given me great advice. You've always been someone I could turn to whenever I needed to. The way you always smile lightly when we kiss, the way you smell so beautiful, the fact that you hate curling your lashes so you never do it yet their still curly either way, the way you always talk to our cats even though they don't understand you, the way you always call yourself a mother to our cats and me a father, the fact that you always force me to tuck my chair in after using it and even the way you talk to your plants every day, sure that they can hear you. These are few of the million things I love about you and whenever I think about them I think 'I want to spend eternity with this girl' so, let's do it, let's spend eternity together," he took something out of his pocket and got onto one knee. My hand found its way onto my mouth as I realised what he was doing. He opened the small box, revealing a beautiful silver ring with little red diamonds decorating it, which was my favourite colour. "I know that you always made it your mission to always be there for me and have someone to talk to since my family didn't provide that to me and I want to do the same to you. Luna, will you make me the happiest man to ever exist and accept this engagment me?"

I looked at the man I loved, in front of me, on his knee. How could I say no to this?

"Is that even a question? Of course, I'll except it!" I exclaimed as I felt tears of joy well up in my eyes. His face lit up and he stood up, putting the ring on my finger as I had my other hand on my mouth, looking at the ring. As soon as he put the ring on my finger I jumped to him and hugged him, tightly. I loved how he remembered that I didn't want to necessarily get married yet but I did want to be engaged.

"I'll never let you go, your mine for eternity now and I love you." he whispered into my ear.

"I love you, too." I pulled away from the hug and kissed him.

There we kissed, in the woods that meant so much to me, as a now engaged couple.