18. I COULD NEVER STOP LOVING YOU [D.D]

[TW - MENTIONS OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GET PREGNANT]

[You are Dari]

Me and Damiano had been trying for a child for almost a year now yet nothing has happened so we had decided to check ourselves up to make sure we were both able to have children.

Our doctor, Dr. Tucci, was meant to call us today with the results on whether we were able to have kids.

We were trying to get our minds off the situation so we sat in the living room playing with our cats: Legolas and Bidet.

Damiano moved the red laser light across the floor, making our cats go crazy.

We both laughed when Damiano stopped moving the laser and Bidet ran into Legolas.

"Poor Bidet." I laughed.

"So young!" exclaimed Damiano and we both laughed again.

We both stopped laughing when the home phone rang from the kitchen. We stood up and ran to the kitchen with Legolas and Bidet both following us. Damiano picked up the phone, nervously.

"Hello?" he asked. "Yes, this is Damiano. Yes, Dari is also here. So, everything with me is fine?" he asked and then smiled widely giving me a thumbs up. Yet then his smile dropped and I got scared. "So does that mean..." he trailed off and then nodded his head. "Yes, alright, we'll come by tomorrow. Thank you, bye."

"What happened?" I whispered but he stayed silent as he put the phone down so I raised my voice a bit to my normal tone. "Damiano."

"You - uh - you're not able to get pregnant, dear." he said and the stinging feeling of tears in my eyes as my vision got blured.

I felt my head spin so I took a seat on a chair next to me and hid my head in my hands. I felt his arms being wrapped around me and his lips on my hair.

"Shh, darling, it's alright." he whispered as I sobbed into my hands. He took my hands off my face and wiped the tears with his hands.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I am so sorry, Damiano. It's all my fault. Feel free to be angry at me.

"It's not your fault, love. I could never ever be angry at you for something like this." he said, softly.

"I'm just scared you don't love me anymore." I whispered.

"Don't be silly, Dari. I could never stop loving you." he chuckled. "Besides, there are so many other ways to have children."

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked, smiling slightly.

"No, no. I should be the one saying that." he said and kissed me. "I love you, Dari, and like I said in my wedding vow, I will never stop loving you and will always be there by your side."

"I love you, too." I answered.

He wiped the remaining tears off my face and stood up.

"Let me make you some hot chocolate, how about that, huh?" he asked, walking towards the kitchen cabinets.

"How about vodka?" I joked and he laughed.

"I will not let you drink your sorrows away." he said, getting out the cocoa powder. "It was your new years resolution to stop doing that and I promised to help you."

"Alright," I stopped for a second. "dad."

"And with the 'dad' again." he said, getting the milk out of the fridge.

"I can call you daddy if it makes you feel better." I joked and he burst into laughter. "Or better, papi."

"What do I see in you, woman?!" he exclaimed to himself still laughing.

"Everything." I whispered as I placed my hands on his shoulder, walking up to him from behind.

"Hm, that is true. Everything about you is perfect." he said, putting the powder in cups.

"Even me not being able to have children?" I asked and I saw him smile from the side.

"Of course." he said, turning around to face me. "That changes absolutely nothing."

"Absolutely nothing?" I ask, looking into his eyes. The usual spark is still there, thank goodness.

"Not a single thing, sweetheart." he whispered.

"Promise?" I asked and he smiled.

"Of course." he kissed me passionately and lifted me onto the counter. "Now that we know you can't get pregnant we can have all the fun we want." he said and I laughed.

"Damn right you are, mister." I said and he kissed me again. "What about my hot chocolate?" I joked.

"It can wait." he said, shrugging and then kissed me again.

I felt him smile against my lips and I couldn't stop myself from doing the same.

---

i would like to apologize for the chapter 'desires' and that i didn't write a second part even though people asked. the only reason why i haven't written it or answered to comments asking for a second part is because i don't feel very comfortable writing heavy smut. smut like what i wrote there was kind of my limit and i don't wish to pass that line. over time, i might get more comfortable but as for now i deeply apologize for people who wanted a part two. <3