27. ONE DANCE [T.R]

[You are Lania]

It was loud. Way too loud for Lania. She hated parties, she was not a social person, she'd rather stay at home and do something else but Thomas had asked her to go with him to a party just this once so she reluctantly agreed. He did, on the bright side, say he wouldn't drink so much alcohol to make him drunk. In fact, Lania hadn't seen him drink any alcohol at all that night.

As she sat at a wooden table near the grassy area of the place where the party was going on, she felt someone sit opposite her on the wooden table. She looked up and saw Damiano.

"It's good that you finally showed up to a party," he smiled at her. "Finally, I have someone to talk to so that Giorgia doesn't come up to me and say that I'm lonely and then drag me up to dance."

Lania laughed and took a sip of her water. "I just don't understand what people like about dancing to really loud music, getting all sweaty and then being sick the next day because of all the alcohol they've had."

"Exactly! This is why I love you like my sister." he exclaimed. "You understand me."

"You've been saying that for the past five years." she said and he laughed.

"Maybe," he turned around and saw Giorgia walking towards him and Lania. "Pretend we're very engaged in a very interesting conversation."

Lania nodded and started talking nonsense to which Damiano replied with nonsense.

"Hello, my dear Giorgia." Damiano turned to his girlfriend as she stood next to the table he and Lania sat at. "You know, me and Lania were just having a very exciting conversation about how to make the best pizza with the best toppings"

"Damiano, you're still going to dance with me." she dragged his arm up and smiled innocently.

Damiano huffed, "well, at least we tried. See you on the other side, Lania."

"Giorgia, make him dance till he drops dead." Lania smiled at Giorgia and she smirked at her, Damiano gasping dramatically.

"I'll see what I can do." she winked at Lania and then pulled Damiano to the dance floor.

Lania sat for about an hour just watching everyone have a great time when Thomas, Ethan and Victoria came to sit with her.

"I had a very good view of an old sweaty man dancing and now you blocked it." she said and they laughed.

Victoria looked behind her and laughed again. "That's not an old man, that's Leo."

"I am aware, he called me a baby a couple days back so I've been calling him 'old man' since then," she said and then whispered just loudly enpugh for the three to hear her. "he doesn't like it very much."

They all laughed and Victoria sat opposite Lania, grabbing her hands.

"One dance?" asked Victoria.

"I - " she started.

"With me." Thomas interjected.

"And then can we go water plants?" Lania asked, Victoria and Ethan looking at her weirdly. That was their code for when Lania or Thomas wanted to go home.

"Yes, but first, just one dance." he took her hand.

"You are weird, weird people. Who wants to water plants at a party?" Victoria asked and Lania laughed. "But before you go water plants or whatever, Lania dance with me after Thomas!"

Before she could reply, Thomas dragged her away from Victoria and Ethan and pulled her to him as a new song started playing. She answered Victoria over the loud music with a 'will do,' and then focused on Thomas.

"I'm sorry that I took you out to a party eventhough I knew you hated them." Thomas said.

"That's alright. I should be apologizing for sitting around all night," she answered. "acting like this was torture, well, it is but still."

They were holding hands and Thomas was twirling Lania as the song sped up. Soon, more people filled the dance floor with a partner and each pair was dancing their on way to the song.

"Wasn't this the song that played on the radio when you took me to our first date?" Lania asked.

"I have no clue, thay was years ago! How do you remember?" he asked.

"No idea, trust me. I just remember random things sometimes." Lania said.

"And that's what I love about you." he winked at Lania and then spun her again.

The rest of the night wasn't bad at all. They didn't end up going home after that one dance, they stayed for many more.