26. BETTER THAN EVER [D.D]

[You are Evana]

I was at the recording studio with Damiano, Thomas, Victoria and Ethan. They were working on their new album Teatro d'ira Vol. I and I was sitting on the sofa, typing up a report for the newsletter I worked for.

I had heard the song they were working on a hundred times before but I, since I worked from home, I liked being at the studio and had plenty of time.

Yet today, something was frustrating Damiano. He kept stopping and telling everyone to start from the top. I decided I needed something to drink so I stood up.

"I'm going to the kitchen, do you guys need anything?" I asked.

"Coffee would be good." Victoria said.

"Yeah, me too." Thomas said.

"I'd like some water, if that's fine." Ethan said.

I looked at Damiano and he just shook his head. "I already had coffee and I have water, I'm fine, Evana, thank you."

I nodded and went out of the studio. A band house was a dream all four had and finally they got it around a year ago. There was a studio, the one we were in, in the garden and then a quite big garden and a house with red accents.

I made three cups of coffee and took a bottle of water from the fridge. I closed the door behind me and walked to the studio. The moon made everything around me lighter than it would have been without it but it was still dark.

I entered the studio and silence instead of the usual loudness of instruments. I just thought they took a break but when I walked in Damiano was sat with his head in his hands and Victoria, Thomas and Ethan were trying to talk to him but he kept shouting.

I closed the door as I walked in and they all turned to me except Damiano, he didn't even raise his head.

The three ran up to me as I placed the three cups and bottle on the table.

"Good you're back, Evana," Victoria whispered. "he got angry because he couldn't hit a note. We tried to calm him down but he just kept shouting at us and saying what a failure he is and how he can't hit even such a simple note. Maybe you can do something?"

"Well, I'll try." I said and they all smiled at me.

"Thank you!" Victoria whispered.

"We'll leave you two." Ethan said and turned to Victoria and Thomas. "Come on, let's go to the garden and have a break."

They took their drinks and left. I looked at Damiano who still had his head in his hands and I started walking to him.

I sat next to him and placed one hand on his shoulder.

"Leave." he said without emotion

"It's me, Damia. They left already." I said softly and he relaxed.

"Oh." he said and then took his hands off of his eyes and hugged me tightly, hiding his face in my chest.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around him.

"If this is your way of telling me you love me then I do too." I joked and he chuckled a bit.

"Why do you love me?" he pulled away. "I mean, I can't even hit a simple note. I'm so pathetic."

"Damiano, you're not pathetic." I told him. "We all have our days. Remember last week when I was trying to write that report on Sanremo and I just couldn't do it? I was thinking about e-mailing my boss and telling her to ask someone else to do it but I went to sleep and the next day I came back and tried again and finished it as one of my best reports ever. It's late, Damia, just take a break and finally have a full nights sleep."

He looked and me reluctantly and, after I smiled at him, he nodded.

"Okay, let's go home. I'm tired anyway." he said and stood up. He reached his hand out to me, I took it and he pulled me up so that I'd bump into his chest. I laughed, seeing him smirk and then he leaned down to kiss me.

"Feel better, now?" I asked after we pulled away.

"Better than ever." he smiled.