1. BIRTHDAY SURPRISE [E.T]

[You are Aria]

It was around eleven at night when Ethan finally decided that it was dark enough to take Aria out to the balcony of their apartment for the surprise he prepared for her in honour of her twentieth birthday.

They lived in a flat at the top of the building with five floors, giving them perfect access to the night sky.

Luckily, the sky that night was the clearest it had been so far that year. The stars looked like little splodges of paint on a black canvas and the moon looked like a light bulb hanging in the middle of a extremely dark room.

He had set out a red and white squared picnic blanket, Aria's favourite, on the floor of their large balcony with a woven basket with lots of food and drinks inside. He lit candles, but not two many as it woild prevent them from seeing the stars in their biggest beauty.

Ethan had pretended to forget that it was Aria' birthday which pained him as he saw how sad Aria got when in the morning he reacted like it was just a normal day and then he quickly went saying he had to go record some music but actually he was going out to the shops to buy all the ingredients for the cake and many other snacks he had made for them.

It was easy to get Aria not to see him making the food as usually when she got angry at Ethan she would just shut herself inside their room and not speak to him or come out of the room. So, he had loads of spare time to make everything. Eventhough it hurt him seeing Aria not talking to him and ignoring him, he knew she would be super impressed when she would find put what Ethan had prepared for the two.

"Can I come in?" asked Ethan kindly in Italian as he knocked on the bedroom door even though he knew it was their room.

Aria had her black, curly hair in a low, loose plait with parts sticking out in front and she was in a pair of black shorts and a black lace bra top. She still had her makeup on, her dark black eyeshadow on the waterline of her eye and on her eyelid looked untouched the only thing she had taken off was her red lipstick.

She was laying on her side of the bed she and Ethan shared, hugging the plush Ethan gave her on Valentine's day just those four days ago and she was facing the door yet as soon as she saw Ethan she turned and faced the other way.

Ethan walked in quietly and went to crouch near Aria's side of the bed, taking Aria's hands in his as he smiled at Aria.

"I need to show you this new plant I got for our balcony today." he said and he turned his head horizontally so that it was the same as Aria's.

"You can show me tomorrow." she muttured.

"Please, love, just come with me." said Ethan.

"Fine." said Aria as she stood up from the bed.

"But first," said Ethan as he walked up to their wardrobe and took a wooly black cardigan and walked towards Aria "take this."

He walked behind her and helped her into the cardigan. As soon as she put it on, he covered her eyes and started walking her to the balcony which you could access from the living room.

"Just please don't let me trip." said Aria.

"Of course, darling, of course." said Ethan, smiling widely as he took Aria out.

After he felt the crisp air, before, he took blankets from the living room sofa in case either Aria or he got cold.

He took her outside, feeling the crisp air hit his skin like the morning sun and he then took his hands off Aria's eyes.

Aria stood frozen for a moment until Ethaa said, "Happy birthday, my love."

Aria turned to face his and she immediately pressed her soft, warm lips against his, with her hands around his neck. Ethan smiled into the kiss as he put his hands on Aria's waist, feeling her warm lips against his.

Oh, she really was the woman of his dreams.

After around twenty seconds, Aria pulled away huggin Ethan as she hid her face in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you." she whispered. "Thank you so much."

"Of course. I love you, Aria." he quietly replied as he looked into Aria's dark eyes.

"I love you too, Ethan." she replied also quietly and, once again, their lips ended up being pressed against eachothers right there under the stars like in a movie.

Both their hearts beating the same rhythm.

Both their minds focused on the other.

Both their eyes closed yet open at the same time.

And both their lungs breathing the other's air.