Chapter Fifty. A Balcony and a Crossbow.

A BALCONY AND A CROSSBOW.

Two days later the guys were back at Victor's house again, talking about the plan Sang had thought of to discover the identity of the last tail they had. They knew who the others were, but this one had never been seen, and they wanted everyone known to them before they finally finished the job at Ashley Waters.

Feeling as though she needed fresh air Sang wandered off to the balcony outside the office. She was totally unaware of the panic that instantly spread through the room the second she did.

None of them could shake the memory of the look on both Dr Green's or Mr Blackbourne's faces when they had told them what had happened the last time she went out there.

It may have been several days earlier, but no one had relaxed their overprotective stance regarding Sang one little bit. No matter how hard they tried. Which, when they were being honest with themselves, was not at all.

So no one was surprised when Nathan almost threw his drink down with a muttered "I've got this guys" and took off after her. Smothering her be damned they all thought. She's still not better.

"Hey Peanut." Nathan called as he wandered out casually. "Are we being too noisy for you?"

"No Honey. Not too noisy at all." Sang smiled and snuggled into his warm embrace. "I've just been cooped up too long that's all. I don't suppose you'd consider a swim?" Sang said hopefully.

"Ah yeah, that's not happening Sweetie. It's a toss up who Gabe would kill first. You for messing up your hair when you're going out with Mr. Blackbourne later this morning, or me for encouraging you."

"Actually, I think we both know it'll be me first. So it's not happening." He grinned hugging her again before leaning back against the railing. Exactly where he wanted to be, he thought, between Sang and a three storey drop. God, I'll be grey before I'm twenty if this keeps up, he smirked to himself.

"Nathan, we're taking a Shelby Cobra out. It has no roof! What does he think is going to happen to my hair. It's going to be a mess. Wind does that. Sheesh!" Sang exclaimed in disbelief.

"Trust me, Peanut, he has it covered. He was muttering about matching sunglasses, scarves and other accessories all the way over here earlier."

"He picked a dress out the moment he arrived. I admit it is a pretty dress. Apparently, if I'm going out in Grampa's pride and joy, I am going to look the part and do it in style." Sang giggled.

"Do you want me to sort him out for you, Peanut?" Nathan asked, trying not to laugh.

"Of course not, Nathan." Sang giggled again. "I don't mind. Let's face it, he knows what he's doing." Sang sobered up and continued. "The only other person who got it right every time like he does was my Grammy. It nice to see the trait in someone in my new family because it sure skipped my DNA."

Nathan reached over and pulled her close again. He couldn't help it. He had missed her that week at his place. "I'm so sorry they're gone, Sang. I really am." He said, his eyes darkening as he became serious.

"Thanks Honey. I'm sorry too. Grampa would have loved your ninja skills, you know. Actually, there isn't anything about you either of them would not have loved, now I think of it."

"I'm glad you think that, but I am never playing cards with you, Peanut. I am looking forward to taking you out to the range so I can see you kick ass with your bow for real though. Not to mention sparring with you." He grinned.

He had a feeling she still wouldn't handle trying to hit someone she cared about at all well, regardless of how much she had learned as a kid. It was just the way she was made, he decided thoughtfully, as a doubtful look grew on her face.