Chapter Forty-nine. The Bee Keeper.

THE BEE KEEPER

Late that afternoon North was planning to head to his house with Luke and Silas. He wanted to rearrange things in the garage for when Sang's cars arrived the next day.

Just thinking about that film of her driving still gave him nightmares, although he could admit to himself a few days later that it was a relief that they had taught Sang to drive so well.

He was so deep in thought about her that he didn't know when she walked up behind him, until he felt a pair of arms encircle his waist. Smiling, he turned in her arms and squeezed her tight. "Hey Baby. You doing okay?" He knew she was, but he couldn't help checking, even though he had seen her five minutes earlier.

He had stopped trying to justify his obnoxious overprotective behaviour to himself. They were all the same at the moment. It occurred to him to wonder how she put up with it sometimes, but lost the thought as she rested her head on his chest and sighed happily.

"Thanks for taking care of all the cars for me, North." Sang said softly.

"It's my pleasure, baby. Anything, anytime. You know that," he murmured, kissing her forehead and holding her close.

"Really? Does that mean you and I can take Grammy's car for a drive soon?" Sang grinned. "I would have suggested Grampa's old car but Mr Blackbourne just called dibs on it first." She giggled, remembering the lively exchange the boys had had about that.

"Sure, baby. Whenever you're ready, just say the word," he said, just enjoying the moment between them.

"You know, I nearly passed out watching you learn to drive, Sang, and I have to admit you did an awesome job. But, there is no way you're talking me into letting you drive it until Dr Green gives you clearance. Okay? I don't think I could handle it. Mr Blackbourne will probably kick my ass and I'm sorry, I know it's your car and I'm being a jerk, but there's only so much I can take. So don't hot wire it like you did the Jeep, or you and I are going to have problems."

Sang smiled sweetly. "I promise I won't take the keys Mr D sends down or hotwire it either, okay?" thinking to herself that she already had a set in the Sunstone Chest so it really wasn't a problem. "Although Sean did let me drive your Jeep. So I don't really see the problem."

"Sang! A Ferrari is a whole lot different to my Jeep. Okay? Not to mention faster. It's been a long time since you drove it, and why are you doing this?" North started to yell, before he remembered he was supposed to stay calm. Yeah, fat fucking chance with Sang around, he thought wildly.

"So, how about you guys drive the cars Mr D sends down, and I'll drive your Jeep?" Sang grinned, looking happy with that idea.

"How about Dr Green says you can drive on public roads and then we talk about it." North could feel the pressure in his head building.

"Calm down, North. I can live with waiting for medical clearance, no matter how unreasonable that is." Sang smirked.

North breathed a little easier and changed the subject before Sang had a chance to box him into a corner, and he found himself handing over the Jeep's keys.

"I'm sorry I never got to meet your grandparents, Baby." North said quietly. "They were the perfect match for you."

"Well, they would have loved you that's for sure, North. Although Grampa probably would have locked you in the workshop to make sure you didn't escape. You had a lot in common." She smiled as North's hug tightened, only looking up as Silas and Luke approached.

"You two have the best hearing out of all of us," Silas complained, grinning at them.

"Sang baby. I'll talk to you tomorrow," North said, quickly as he kissed her forehead and jumped in the Jeep, before he gave in to the temptation to take her with them.