Chapter thirteen. Year One, part two.

Year 1. Part 2.

Grampa's face appeared again on the screen. "Rosie girl!! I found this film hiding in the chest. Probably a good thing I never saw it before I came to make this montage of memories, wouldn't you say, Rose! It's a good thing my heart is strong." Grampa smirked.

"Sorry Grampa, my bad." Sang murmured sheepishly.

"What did you do Sang!" Sean asked grinning.

"After what we just saw it could be any number of things." Mr Blackbourne replied giving his millimetre grin.

"Is now a good time to mention this was probably my quietest year?" Sang asked wrinkling up her nose.

"God." Sean said turning the movie back on.

Two Balconies and a Balustrade.

"Hey, Grampa. Wow. You look really, really nice Grampa." Sang said, her eyes wide as she gazed at her Grampa in a tuxedo.

"Well, thank you little Rose," He smiled and continued "and you look extra special tonight too. Did Grammy get to you sweetie?" He grinned looking at the curls in her hair held up by a pale pink ribbon, which matched the skirt on her satin and organza dress.

"Yeah, Grampa she did." She grinned. "Do you like the shoes? They match the top of my dress. Pretty aren't they?" Sang said pointing to her light silver-grey shoes. "Do you like the bow Grampa?"

"I do darling. You look wonderful. Just right for the symphony."

Looking around he asked "Is Grammy still getting ready?" Sang nodded. "I'll just go see how long she's going to be." He murmured grinning.

"Uh huh. Sure Grampa." Sang said dragging out her words. When Grampa narrowed his eyes she started giggling, "Grammy and Grampa sitting in a tree K I S S I N G."

"You're a little brat. Is that all you learnt at school this year Rose." Grampa laughed as he walked down the hall of the hotel suite.

"Yeah, bet I'm right though." Sang giggled to herself picking up the camcorder he had put down.

"Mm. Time to explore." Sang murmured wandering out through the French doors to the balcony as she planned filming the night sky.

Frowning at the brick balcony railing Sang muttered to herself "Why are these always too high for me to see over."

Putting the camcorder down on the wrought iron and glass table Sang dragged a chair across to the balcony railing and climbed up on the chair. Checking she could reach the top of balcony she hopped down grabbed the camcorder and climbed right on top.

Walking happily along the 2 foot wide railing Sang aimed the lens down to the street. "Oooo. The cars look so little. I wonder how high up we are. I know, I'll film the building across the street. Then I can count the windows. And film the stars. I like this balcony. This is awesome."

Skipping back inside Sang put the camcorder down thinking maybe it could be fun to film things. Well, sometimes.

Arriving at the symphony with her grandparents Sang looked around smiling and drinking in everything. Holding both her grandparents' hands they walked up the stairs Sang was just about bursting with excitement.

"Who's playing Grammy! And what are they playing. This is fun. Isn't it Grampa! I can't wait until they start playing. Boy oh boy. This is exciting isn't Grammy!" Sang burst out.

Laughing, her grandparents led her into one of the boxes. Smiling when her eyes widened even more.

"Wow. Thank you Grampa. Thank you Grammy. This is the best surprise ever. You two are the best."