Ring ring 📱

Addie had left Seattle after divorcing Derek and moved to L.A to run the practice with Naomi,
Sam and their other dear friends. She had moved on with her life and met Jake though they didn't work out in the end and got full custody of Henry, her son but she couldn't help but feel something or rather someone was missing from her life.

𝙵𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 9 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

Addie's phone rings and she gets butterflies in the very pit of her stomach as she sees the name Meredith appear on her screen. Her brain flashes to when she first saw Meredith all those years ago. Addie can still smell the sweet but calming smell of lavender that radiated off of Meredith when she met her for the first time in the lobby of Seattle Grace Hospital.

ADDISON POV
I answered the phone to hear an exhausted voice say "Derek is dead".My heart dropped at the words Meredith had said to her. After a few seconds of silence I said "i'm coming Meredith"

Addie hung up the phone and booked the first flight available to Seattle and went to pack for her and Henry. As she packed she felt so sorry for Meredith, Amelia and of course Zola and Bailey.
After packing her and Henry's bags, Addie wrote a note and left it on her kitchen table in case anyone went over to her house and couldn't find her there.

𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Addie and Henry got their luggage and called a cab to go to the hospital. She immediately saw Dr. Bailey and asked her where Meredith was. Dr. Bailey and Addie caught up on the way to Merediths room and of course introduced Henry.

Meredith was asleep so Addie told the nurses to page her when she woke up.

A/N: I know it's a short chapter but the next one will be better. I hope you enjoyed :)