part 4

Dec couldn't help but feel delighted about the events of the evening as he put his key in the door,being very careful to be quiet so he wouldn't wake his parents.

He went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water.

"Have a good time love?"

Dec practically jumped out of his skin at the unexpected voice.

"Mam?" Dec turned around to see Anne sitting at the kitchen table "why are you up?you scared the life out of me"

"Just wanted to make sure you got home safely before I went to bed" Anne smiled.

"You didn't need to wait up" Dec sighed "it's gone 1 o'clock in the morning,you're usually in bed by now"

"I know" Anne stated "and it's pretty late for you to be out don't you think?"

"Mam" Dec replied incredulously "I'm twenty six,I don't need a curfew"

"I know" Anne smiled "but I can't help worrying about you"

"You really don't need to" Dec frowned.

"I'm your mother" Anne replied "it's my job"

"I bet you weren't like this with the others?" Dec pointed out,referring to his siblings.

"I worry about all my kids" Anne insisted.

"Not this much" Dec replied.

"Well" Anne continued "they were all a bit more..."

"A bit more what?" Dec interrupted.

"You know..." Anne replied "more...er...a bit more worldly"

"Worldly?" Dec asked confused.

"Yeah,you know" Anne went on "more streetwise"

Anne wasn't even sure if she was using the right words.

"I'm not a baby Mam" Dec frowned.

"Of course you're not" Anne smiled "let's not worry about that now eh?would you like a hot chocolate before bed?"

"No thanks" Dec sighed "this is fine"

He nodded towards the glass of water in his hand.

"Ok then sweetheart" Anne replied "I'll see you in the morning,sleep well"

She kissed Dec on the cheek and made her way upstairs to join her husband in bed.

Dec couldn't sleep that night which was very unlike him,not because he was worried or stressed about anything,but because he couldn't get the thought of Ant out of his mind.

His handsome face,slightly mean and moody,but in a very sexy,smouldering kind of way,his dark hair that Dec was already fantasising about running his fingers through,his full lips that looked just perfect for kissing and his dark,sultry eyes...those eyes,how Dec just wanted to get lost in them.

"Snap out of it Declan" he scolded himself "he probably won't even call"

Dec hoped against hope that that wouldn't be the case,he desperately wanted to see Ant again,to get to know him and he could already imagine them becoming a couple.

Dec eventually drifted off to sleep with a very slight smile on his face.

He woke up a few hours later and a smile spread across his face as he thought of Ant once again.

"Please call me" he muttered to himself as he rolled over and picked his chunky mobile phone up from the bedside table.

He let out a heavy sigh as there were no missed calls recorded.