#24: Jeon Jungsoo

Jimin took off his glasses and looked the woman in the eye as he asked, "I came to see Ms. Akiah"

There was a silence following these words as the woman was dumbstruck for a while before she began to close the door, "I think you have the wrong address mister-"

Jimin stuck his shiny black boot in the door as he said in a hard and urgent voice, "I need to see her-"

The women became distressed wanting to close the door however with Jimin's foot stuck stubbornly in the door frame she had no choice but to give up as she began angrily, "I am telling you I will call the police for trespass-." however the women was cut off as another approaching voice called from the inside, "Aiko? What's all the hassle-"

Jimin's eyes met the woman's whose face changed greatly and she panicked once again attempting to close the door but the door won't budge. Footsteps approaching the other person who had spoken earlier also entered the hallway.

It was also a woman, hair covered in a bennie. The woman was dressed formally as if going to work with her hand in the handbag and head lowered probably searching for something.

Her hand came out of the bag holding a pair of black sunglasses when she looked up and her eyes met Jimin's, the girl froze.

Her features striking a resemblance to Jungkook and Seokjin's.

Only she looked more tired and weaker.

"It is about time I got an explanation don't you think so, Miss Akikah?" Jimin asked without any scruples directing his words at the dark-haired woman.

His heart beating like he had raced for miles.

He purposefully called her with the alias she had used when she worked as Jimin's personal assistant because he wanted her to know why he was here.

He wanted her to know that he remembered everything.

The women's doe eyes widened undergoing multiple emotions before finally settling on an eerie calm her face blank.

*****

The living room was comparatively better than the hallway outside. Jimin sat on the only single sofa, a cup of an untouched coffee in his hands warming up his cool hands.

They sat there in silence, Jimin gathering his thoughts as he tapped his fingers against the ceremic cup.

His main aim in coming here had been to confront Jungsoo but now that he sat here he realized his mind was blank all the unanswered questions that had been burning in his mind had suddenly dissipated.

He looked over to Jungsoo who had her long fingered hands neatly folded in her lap, as her eyes were calm staring at the muted LCD that was playing daily news.

"Why," Jimin finally picked the question that he had been bothered with the most recent. "Didn't you reach out even once?".

"Reach out for what?" The dark-haired woman in front of him laughed mockingly without turning her head to look at him. "To endanger my family? You know what they are like."

Jimin was silent because he did know what they were like how vicious they could be.

Despite getting a completely sane response for some reason he felt like the woman in front of him might not be sane.

The thought caused a strange sorrow, his heart tightening.

"Jin and Jungkook have always been looking for you," he said instead carefully testing the waters.

"And they never found me," She answered monotonously.

Jimin's mind was slowly turning into a mess, he didn't know what to say.

When he had left the house earlier he had been determined to get all the answers he could once he found Jungsoo but now he couldn't even lift his head and only kept staring at the cup of untouched coffee in his hands. Guilt and remorse eating at his insides.

He was getting crushed beneath the weight of his past.

"I saw on the news that you got married." Jungsoo finally said something of her initiative breaking the silence her eyes briefly flickering to the ring on his finger voice betraying her emotions.

Maybe she had also given up on pretending to not care.

"I did." Jimin answered voice a mere whisper lifting his head to look at Jungsoo, "I got married to your brother."

The words were unexpectedly bitter and sour on his tongue. Or maybe it was the way he choose to say it.

Jungsoo blinked but she wasn't surprised maybe because she knew already, she didn't deny the obvious truth either only saying, "As long as he is happy."

"He will get Jeo's legal guardianship next week," Jimin said.

He was being cruel with all these words, he knew, but he had been suffering all these years and he couldn't help but want to get back at the person who had caused most of his suffering.

"Jeo? He is your son right?" Jungsoo answered turning back to look at the LCD on the wall again pretending to be oblivious, yet the hands twisting the hem of her peach sweater gave her away.

With her side profile, she resembled Jungkook a lot but at the same time, her blank and cold face held no resemblance at all to the face that was an open book to read.

"Yes, the son that was abandoned by his mother." Jimin leaned back on the sofa his eyes burning with anger sudden anger and resignation.

Jungsoo's face gave away no emotions and she said nothing as she picked up her cup swirling the coffee, "Oh?"

"I remember everything now so why still pretend?" Jimin's eyes flickered with the coldness and ruthlessness of the CEO Park.

"That night when you spiked my drink I was supposed to be handed over to them, wasn't I?" Jimin's voice was cold and emotionless. "But in the end, you gave in to your heart's desires. And spared me."

Jungsoo's composure finally broke as she snapped her eyes to him, and said through gritted teeth, "Was it me who gave in to my heart's desire, Mr. Park?"

Jimin's eyes flashed, lips curling slightly in a bittersweet smile on his cold face.

"Maybe you did, maybe I did... But does it matter anymore? After everything you did?! Does it matter anymore?!" Jimin's yelled voice rising, full of pain.

"You never told me about Jeo. Hid his existence from me for 4 whole years! Do you know I always blame myself for not being there for him! I can't look at him and wonder if things had been different if I had been normal. Why? Why do all this?" Jimin's voice cracked a little at the end. "Do you hate him because he is my son?"

"Which mother would willingly abandon their child, Mr. Park? Which mother would hate the life they made?!" Jungsoo also yelled back.

"Then why?" Jimin barely managed to suppress the anger and irritation clogging his throat, "I want to know. So that when he grows up and asks me why I wasn't there for him I have a reason."

"Since you are here," Jungsoo looked him in the eyes. "I assume you already know everything then why ask me, still?"

"Because I don't want to know what you wanted Seokjin and Jungkook to know. I want to know the truth from you... of what happened twelve years ago of why the police never found Jungsoo and only Jungkook." Jimin pointed a finger at the woman, I want to know what happened seven years ago and why you abandoned your son Park Jeo Jang?!" his loud voice caused Jungsoo to flinch but he couldn't care less because the questions that had made him insane all these years were finally in front of him.

_______________________
Vote so I know how many of you are waiting for updates and I can have some guilty conscience and update more. 😂

Anyways approximately 5 more chapter left. Aiming to finish before Nov 🙌