#3: Love at first sight is just a myth

"But they say the sun fell for the moon at the first sight."

~

Jimin was sitting in the car. He hadn't even left his neighborhood yet. He couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Jeon's son. The guy was very handsome and smart but Jimin couldn't afford to love anyone, especially someone like him. 

This marriage is purely for business.

Once again Park Jimin will end up being used for his money and power.

Suddenly his phone rang. Jimin glanced at the cell lying on the passenger seat of the car displaying the name CEO Park.

Yeah, he didn't bother to save his father's name with something like dad or appa.

Because he didn't think his father was doing the job of being a nice parent. To him, appa was a term of endearment that he had stopped associating with his father a long time ago. Unwillingly he lifted the phone before answering the call and placing it between his head and shoulder.

"Yes, father?" Jimin mumbled as he placed his hands on the steering wheel and slowed the car.

"Jimin, have you left your place yet?" His father's voice was bland and Jimin could make out muffled voices on the other end.

"Leaving right now. Is there something you need?" He asked his father more out of formality than respect hating every moment his father spent stalling.

"Yes, I want you to bring Jeo with you." His father stated and Jimin forgot he was driving for a moment.

The wheel spins under his hands and he quickly grasps it, trying to get the car under control.
At that moment all he felt was the protective instinct that overtook him whenever his father mentioned Jeo. And fear.

As the car spun the tires screeching loudly he wasn't afraid for himself but for Jeo.

"B -but w -why?" He stammered after finally managing to stop the car at the side of the road, his heartbeat frantic and his eyes wide. Ignoring his father asking him if everything was alright.

"They need to know and meet your son before they make a final decision. And I don't see a reason why they should not meet him."

"I think I have made it clear that I don't like it when you tell people about him. He is my son - " Jimin growled, rage coursing through his veins.

"And my grandson. You need to understand that you can't hide him from someone you are going to marry and that doesn't mean you are protecting him. You are just being paranoid... I want you both here in exactly half an hour." Mr. Park replied in a controlled voice before the line went dead. 

Jimin took a deep breath trying to compose himself, leaning his head against the steering wheel. Sweating slightly he started thinking about what were the pros and cons of escaping the dinner. In the end, he just groaned frustratedly before twisting the key in the ignition and turning the car around to head back home. Feeling more helpless than ever before.

*****

Jungkooks:

When Seokjin and I came back everyone was busy laughing at some jokes father made. Sometimes Seokjin's jokes made more sense than father's because at least they sounded like jokes.

And my nervousness came back in full force. Making my legs slightly weak as I glanced at the door wondering if I could run away. My heart was beating like crazy and I just wanted to sprint at full speed.