#25: The truth

"Were you ever alive before you died?"

~

"Because I don't want to know what you wanted Seokjin and Jungkook to know. I want to know the truth from you... of what happened twelve years ago of why the police never found Jungsoo and only Jungkook." Jimin pointed a finger at the woman. "I want to know what happened seven years ago and why you abandoned your son Park Jeo Jang?!"

Jungsoo couldn't help the chill that ran down her spine at Jimin's words as she stared at the man.

She hadn't expected Jimin to see right through her plans but at the same time, an anxious feeling arose in her heart as she turned her gaze away to look at the small mirror beside the TV screen where she could see the kitchen and the silhouette of an eavesdropping Aiko.

She turned to glance back at Jimin only to find his sharp gaze focused on her.

The gaze was so deep her heart skipped a beat involuntarily.

She picked up her cup and tapped her fingers against it. Her head lowered. Scared and afraid.

"How is he?" Jungsoo asked in a small reluctant voice, not looking at Jimin because she couldn't.

Not when the man was such a huge reminder of all the things she couldn't have.

Especially when Jimin looked so much like, Jeo Jang, who had only been three when she was forced to leave him.

The thought like always made her eyes burn and she felt like her heart was tearing apart.

It has been years but it still hurt because Jeo Jang was like a part of herself that she had lost.

She was away from him, a distance that stretched for miles.
Unknowing of how he was; whether he was hungry or hurt, whether he missed her or went to sleep crying and afraid.

Jimin was silent for a long moment before he mumbled in a heavy voice, "He likes to eat the food Jin cooks."

Jungsoo whose fingers had been continuously tapping against the ceramic cup paused before she lowered her head, willing herself not to cry.

But she missed Jeo Jang so much.

A mother would never abandon her child unless necessary, she too would never ignore her little son if she had been given a choice.

The little child who had liked to play with her fingers, whose giggles would light up her otherwise dark days who was her only reason for living.

With his small little hands and his little smile.

It was the reason why she kept on going still, despite everything.

Jungsoo was jerked out of her emotions when Aiko came in carrying a tray, causing her to be overcome with a violent coughing fit, sharp stabs of chest pain consuming her senses.

Jimin's eyes narrowed as he frowned, concern flashing in his eyes.

With Jimin's attention diverted Aiko revealed a small needle clasped in her hand, aiming it at the back of his neck.

When Jungsoo pulled her hands away from her mouth they were covered in bright red splatters of blood.

Aiko leaned forward to stab the needle home when suddenly Jimin turned around and dodged the needle grasping her wrist.

With his other hand, he threw the cup of coffee in her direction. Aiko let out a noise as she jumped away, the brown liquid splashed on the carpet being instantly absorbed. A moment of carelessness and Aiko's foot got caught in the rug and she stumbled falling forward onto the sofa where she wasnheld down by Jimin.