#9: Hero

"Hero isnt the one with the power and strength but the one with the ability to protect."

~

12 years ago

"Haha, Jungsoo, you are so slow!" The twelve-year-old mocked his twin sister as she ran after him on wobbly legs trying to catch up to him.

"Wait, Jungkook, wait for me, jebal." Jungsoo gasped placing her hands on her knees as she stopped to catch her breath.

Jungkook saw her stop so he stopped and turned back to her, smile fading into a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he knelt in front of her.

Suddenly the girl laughed as she launched herself at her brother, wrapping her arms around him. "Yay, I caught you."

"What?!" Jungkook laughed as Jungsoo climbed on his back, "Kookie, I am tired can you carry me?"

Jungkook sighed but carried her all the same.

They started walking as they laughed and joked on their way back from the park they had been playing in.

"Mrs. Sungmin well tell appa we left without her permission. And appa will scold us." Jungsoo said in a lttle frightened voice as they could see their house in the distance.

The little boy's steps halted as he hesitated, "It's okay I am your hero, you will be okay." 

The little girl smiled as she rested her head in her brother's neck, satisfied at the words.

They were on the street now and Jungsoo was walking beside Jungkook when something unfortunate happened. 

From where they were they could see Mrs. Sungmin and Jin standing there. Jin's features were worried but when he saw the twins walking home he relaxed. Mrs. Sungmin immediately started walking towards the kids but she was still far away.

Far away to help.

In moments a black van with tinted windows stopped in front of the twins, obscuring them. Mrs. Sungmin was frozen for a moment but then she realized who could be in the black van, so she yelled, "Security! Anyone!" she shrieked as she ran down the street.

Jin also wanted to run after her but he was held back by guards.

They all rushed forwards but the van was already retreating. Some guards shoot at the van but missed as it was already gaining speed taking the twins with it.

Present Time

Jungkook:

Jimin's eyes glazed and suddenly he started gasping, I was frozen for a moment but then I quickly let go of his hands. Jimin gasped as he wrapped his arms around himself and closed his eyes.

"Jimin?" I mumbled but got no answer.

By now Jimin's breathing was shallow and his chest was rising and falling rapidly but his eyes were wide and staring into the distance. 

Watching him I felt helpless and terrified. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what it was. I also didn't know what to do.

"Please stop," Jimin mumbled like he was in pain. 

My best guess was that he was hyperventilating. 

But was it me that had triggered him?  Should I call someone?

"Papa!" While I had been standing there frozen and confused, I hadn't realized Jeo had woken up until he sobbed out the word, running over to Jimin.