#6: A new Beginning

"The life in front of you is more important then the one behind. So, embrace the uncertain."

~

•Jungkook:

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and and started at the cardboard box almost as if willing it to vanish.

I lowered myself down on the sofa and sighed.

"Why don't you disappear?" I groaned before standing up and kicking the cardboard box on floor by my feet.

"Yelling at boxes wont help you punk." Jin walked out of my closet with hands full of my clothes that he started placing in my bag.

He worked gracefully and swiftly. I sighed and slid down to sit on the floor with my back against the bed. Picking up a photo frame with the photo of me and my ex boyfriend on my graduation day.

Taehyung and I had arms around each other in that photo. I remembered he had come all the way from Seoul to attend my graduation in London. It was three years ago.

I sighed again. "Why couldnt it have been Taehyung? If only we hadn't broken up." I mumbled.

The rustling of clothes stopped and I felt Jin walk over to me before he slid down to sit next to me.

"It could have been Tae but he choose not to be. He found someone else didnt he?" Jin asked as he wrapped an around me. I closed my eyes at the words. Leaning on his shoulder

"You dont understand." I shake my head.

"Of course I wont after your break up you closed yourself. You never explained what happened besides the fact that you guys broke up." Jin answered he didnt sound angry he sounded a little hurt. Usually he was either composed and serious or goofy and fun.

And yeah he got irritated often but irritation and anger are not the same
He was the perfect son and I was a disappointment.

I brushed my finger across Taehyung's face. "We broke up because he had realized that he felt something for his childhood friend. And that friend had fallen severely ill and Taehyung wanted to help him they said he might not recover. And that made Taehyung realize I wasn't his priority."

I still remembered that day. The day when I met him on the city outskirts. It was Taehyung's favourite place to hang out.

I remember sitting on the mat beside him my heart anxious, he had been acting weird for the past few months.
And it was time I put the doubts out in the air.

I had sighed not looking at him but he spoke before I could.

"Jungkook? You know we have been friends since childhood. And boyfriend's for about the past three years."

I had frowned turning to look at my boyfriend. Taehyung's head was turned to face the sky, face grim. Lines of worry attached on his flawless skin.

"You remember the bestfriend I told you about?" He had asked voice low.

"The one you had a crush on?" I had inquired feeling my heart sink.

It wasnt unknown to me. He had been clear that he liked his bestfriend when I had proposed him. But the thing was his friend was unaware of that fact.

And there I had been thinking I could make him forget his old crush. Even though I had known Taehyung since childhood. I hadn't met his friend.

He had always been sensitive about our relationship and the fact that his boyfriend knew that his heart belonged to someone else.