20

Ashton's POV

Valentine's Day was today. It's not a surprise that I went to spend it with Maegan. I hadn't spoken to her since the night Hannah left, and she was really sad, but it's been about four days. Although, I still expected to still be sad. I thought I could help turn her mood around.

I knocked on the door. I was really nervous about today because I had planned something to do. I had a box of chocolates, nothing really special. Maegan answered the door. She looked down at the box in my hand and smiled. "Are those for me?"

I handed them to her. "Yeah, everyone loves chocolate." I stepped inside, and she closed the door behind me.

"Thank you," she said. "I didn't expect you until later, and I didn't get you anything. I didn't think you were getting me anything."

"I don't think girls should get guys anything for Valentine's Day. It's like a girly 'holiday'."

"Shall we sit?" she asked and walked into the living room. I followed behind.

"How've you been?" I asked. I glanced around the room and saw a lot of wrappers from candy, mostly chocolate wrappers.

"It's so quiet around here. I just got used to actually having normal conversations with Hannah. Now, it's like old times," she said. "I don't feel like cleaning. I finally got a shower this morning. I just want to sleep."

"Sounds depressing."

"It is," she said. "But I'll get used to it soon. It'll just take some time." She began to open the box of chocolates and offered me one when she finally got the top off with many tries. Of course, I took one. "Chocolate has definitely been my best friend these past couple days. I should be at work, but I'm not."

"Dang" was all I could say.

"I know," she sighed. "And none of my friends lasted after high school, beside who I went to the club with that one night. She only called me because her friends were busy. I have no one to go out with."

"I'm glad she called you," I said. "But we could hang out. I'm kind of busy with tour stuff right now, but I can find time. I did, didn't I?"

Maegan laughed. "I guess you did. Thank you."

"My pleasure." I looked around again.

"Excuse the mess," she said. I guess she noticed me looking around.

"What mess? You should see Michael's room. Him and Calum are in charge of cleaning the house, so you'd think his room should be clean." It was quiet for a second. "Can I see your phone? Mine is dying."

"Uh, sure. It's behind you. My password is 6234," she told me. I turned around and got her phone. I put in the password. "I'll just change my password when I get my phone back." She laughed. "Just kidding."

When I was finished with her phone, I put it back where I got it. What I had planned was now in motion.

"That was quick," Maegan said.

"Yeah, I just had to let Luke know that my phone was dying," I lied. I couldn't let her in on what I did. It would spoil the surprise.

"Oh, wait. Don't you have an iPhone that could be charged with the 5 charger? You can charge your phone," she alarmed me.

"Thank you," I said and put my phone on charge. "I'll have to make a phone call in a minute."

"To who?" she asked. "Or it's none of my business."

"To someone very important," I answered.

"Oh," she said.

I smirked. "Oh?"

"Oh."

"Ah, I got it," I said, still smirking.

She smiled. "Got what?" She crossed her arms.

"Nothing," I answered. "I'll be right back. My phone is charged enough." I grabbed my phone and stepped around the corner. I dialed the number. It was Maegan's.

"Hello?" she answered. "Did you change my contact name for you?"

"I sure did. What did it say?" I asked.

"It said 'Will you be my girlfriend?'"

"Well, will you?" I asked. I couldn't see if she was smiling, but I knew if I looked around the corner, which I did, she would be smiling.

"Yes," she squealed. I walked back around the corner. "That was a very clever idea."

"Oh?" I teased.

"Yeah," she said and smiled. I pulled her into a hug.

"Were you jealous when I said it was too someone special?" I asked.

"Nah," she lied. I could tell she was lying because she was trying not to smile. That's how you know a lot of people are lying.

"Sure you weren't." I gave her a kiss on the cheek and took the chance to put her a in a playful head lock. "Were you lying?"

She started laughing and somewhere she actually said yes, so I let her go. "Now, I'm gonna miss you even more while you're on tour."

(A/N- "WARNING": THIS STORY WILL SKIP THROUGH A COUPLE MONTHS TO A YEAR IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!
But I'm so happy they're finally official. Aww.)