12

Ashton's POV

I groaned at another glance in the mirror. That tattoo was forever there. Even if I ended up getting it covered up, it'd still be there under whatever I decided to cover it up with. Besides, I don't know what I would cover it with. That was the furthest thought on my mind. It had already been about two months since I got the tattoo, maybe shorter, maybe longer. I really hadn't grown on this tattoo at all. How could I?

The only thing on my mind recently was music and Maegan. The band as moved forward a little, and we couple possibly have shows all over the west coast soon. We already had a few shows around California scheduled. As for Maegan, I hadn't done anything with her since the tour around town. We'd have occasional talks when I ran into while shopping at Val-May. It wasn't anything major, but I had dropped hints about hanging out again. The occasional "I'll just be at home this weekend with nothing to do" didn't do the trick. I thought of it as a subtle hint. Today was probably going to be different. I was planning to ask her about doing something. I was tired of dropping small hints. It was my turn to go shopping, or it could've been Luke's. I had kind of taken over the shopping recently. Luke didn't seem to care.

"Excuse me," I said as I walked up behind Maegan in the store. She was stacking cans on a shelf, and she could hardly reach it. "Need any help?"

She turned around. "Is that a low key short joke?" She stood flat on her feet after getting off of her tippy toes. "I'm sorry I'm not as tall as you." She began to chuckle and looked up at me.

"I can't help that I'm tall."

"Freakishly tall," Maegan corrected.

"Haha," I flatly joked. "But seriously, need any help?"

She shook her head. "I'm almost done." She put up a few more cans, and the whole time it had looked like she was struggling. "There." She backed away from the shelf. "Looks good." Someone pushing a cart came up and grabbed a random can of the freshly stacked shelf. Maegan sighed.

"I couldn't handle stacking a shelf and watching people just take cans," I said.

"It's a blast," Maegan said with her sarcasm that I had gotten used to for the most part. "Anyway, what's up? Weren't you just here a few days ago?" She filled in the can that the shopper had taken just a moment ago.

"There are four boys, including myself, in my house. We run out of food quickly," I explained. "I got to restock a lot."

"That makes sense," Maegan said as she began to push the cart full of empty boxes that use to be full of cans that were now on a shelf. I followed beside her as I usually did. "And the coffee is right up here," Maegan spoke as we passed her manager.

"Thank you," I said just as we passed him. I didn't want to get Maegan fired by bothering her on the job. "Anyway, what do you think about coming to a show next month?" I asked.

"What kind of show?" she asked as she parked the cart. She began to follow me as I did my shopping.

"A concert."

"Who's?"

"My band. You and Hannah can come. I'm not sure it's going to be a big one. We haven't released the date, but I can tell you it's going to be February 4th," I told her. "Any plans?"

"I don't think I'll have any plans. I'll try to keep it a secret from Hannah until then. She'll be so excited."

"Aren't you excited?" I asked and nudged her.

"Of course," Maegan said as she tried to lean away after I nudged her. "I just know how excited Hannah will be!" I put more stuff into my cart.

"You know what I've been thinking about?" I asked Maegan.

"Hm?" Maegan was straightening things on the shelf.

"We haven't hung out in a while outside of this store in a while. We should do something," I said. Maegan began to laugh which made me rethink even bringing that up. "What?"

"I was seriously starting to think what your problem was. What do you want to do?" she asked.

I began to laugh. "I probably should've thought about something we could do before I asked." I looked down at my feet and pursed my lips to the left. I quickly undid that and looked back at Maegan.

"Hannah is going to her friend's house this weekend. Anything, besides getting drunk and getting a tattoo and some other stuff, will be fine by me."

I put a frown on my face. "Darn, I was thinking about getting another." I quickly smiled right after. "How about some dinner and whatever happens after that?"

"Sounds good," she said.

"I'll call you," I said as I began to push the cart for check out. I turned around quickly and waved to her and she waved back. That wasn't as hard as I made it out to be in my head, and I was glad that part was over.

Later that day, I was home with the boys.

"I don't want to watch this," Calum groaned as he collapsed onto the couch. The TV was on a commercial. "Michael, turn it."

"You don't even know what it is," he snapped. "It could be a video of us telling you that you're out of the band. Don't you want to watch that?" Michael got a mischievous look on his face.

"Speaking of the band, where's Luke?" I asked. Not that I didn't want to see how Michael and Calum's conversation was going to go down, Luke was always around. He's like a shadow on a sunny day; you can't get rid of it.

"Uh- he wasn't feeling well," Michael seemed to be hesitant. "He tried to call you while you were at the store, but you didn't answer. He was going to get you to pick up some medicine." Michael didn't seem as hesitant, so I just ignored whatever it was. It was probably the topic change, and he was wondering why I was so worried about Luke. I looked at my phone, and I did have a missed call with no voicemail.

"I'll just talk to him when he gets back," I said and threw my phone on the cushion beside me on the couch. "How sick was he? I don't need to get sick."

"He just had a headache and needed something for it," Michael answered.

"Why can't you get sick?" Calum asked. I didn't go into detail, but I told them how I had plans for this weekend and left it at that. "You shouldn't have anything to worry about then. Luke probably isn't even really sick. I doubt it's nothing more than a headache."

We sat and flipped through some channels until Luke got back.

"I'm home!" Luke shouted from the door. He rushed into the living room and sat on the couch with a smile.

"Headache feeling better?" I asked.

"Huh?" Luke asked. "Oh, yeah. I got some medicine and stopped to eat something."

Everything seemed a little suspicious to me, but I decided to ignore it because I had a fun weekend to look forward to, and I couldn't wait.

(A/N- Possible secret? Possibly not. Who knows? Only I do. Anyway, see ya in the next updateeeeee and shizzzz.)