11

Ashton's POV

Maegan texted me back the next morning just thirty minutes after I woke up. Hannah was more than okay with going.

"We can meet up at Dan's. It's an amazing restaurant that everyone loves," Maegan texted me. I agreed, and we set a time for around noon.

"Her little sister is coming along?" Calum asked with a disgusted look. "That's her way of getting out of calling it a date."

"It wouldn't be a date even if her sister didn't go. Besides, it doesn't bother me," I told him.

"You were attracted to her when you were drunk," Luke said.

"I'm not going to get drunk today. I'm not even going to drink."

"What I'm saying is that you were attracted to her. You don't remember it because of you being drunk. This time you will remember it," Luke explained.

"I don't know," I said. I left shortly after to get to Dan's in enough time. It seemed like a quiet restaurant. It wasn't too packed nor empty. It seemed like an older place. Maegan and Hannah pulled up shortly after me.

"Sorry about that delay. Somebody had to curl their hair," Maegan said. She motioned to Hannah.

"It's fine," I said. Hannah was all smiles, so I gave her a smile. "Shall we go in?"

"Sure," Maegan said, so I followed behind them. Maegan asked for a booth in the corner. After we ordered our drinks, the conversation started. "We always sit at this booth when we come here. It's where our parents came on their first date."

"They always brought us here," Hannah said.

"Brought?" I asked.

"Yeah, our parents died in a plane crash over two years ago," Maegan said.

"I'm so sorry."

Maegan shook her head. "We're okay." The waiter brought our drinks and ordered our food. "Anyway, how long have you lived in California?"

"It's probably been about two in a half months," I said.

"Where'd you live before?" Maegan asked.

"Australia," Hannah answered her.

"I was asking Ashton," Maegan said to her.

"Oh, please! You know it. I found you watching his YouTube videos until twelve this morning," Hannah said. I saw the brightness in Maegan's cheeks. I laughed. Hannah turned her attention towards me. "In her defense, I did kind of push them on her. She didn't just randomly search you."

I smiled and decided to save Maegan from embarrassment. "But yeah, Australia. My band decided to move here to be closer to some things for our music career."

"You just left your family?" Hannah asked.

I nodded. "It's not like I don't talk to them because I do. I just rarely see them now. They're happy with what I'm doing: following my dreams."

"They just let you not go to college and move to California?" Maegan asked. "Why?"

"We had to sell out some shows before I could even consider coming. My parents knew it was natural talent after that and let me go."

"My parents didn't like what I wanted to do," Maegan said. Hannah elbowed her side. Maegan put her hands on the spot. "I write poetry. I always have. My parents didn't think someone could make money off of it. I always wanted to make them happy, and I still feel forced to not let them down because I know they're watching over."