22

Maegan's POV

I walked into the party with Ashton, hand in hand. It was very crowded and loud. I knew nobody, except the five people I arrived with. I knew of some people that were there, but I didn't know them personally.

"I'll be over here," Calum yelled over the noise and headed over to a girl. They began chatting immediately.

"I wonder if anyone knows the wifi password," Michael yelled. He looked around. "I'm trying to find someone on their phone!" There was no one on their phone. "You mean to tell me that I have to be social?" He made everyone laugh when he joked around.

"You'll survive," Luke told him. Then, Luke and Kristen walked off together.

"Don't leave me," I told Ashton. I felt like an odd ball out, and I'm sure Kristen did too. He gripped my hand tighter.

"Where to?" Ashton asked.

"I don't know. Who do you know?" I asked.

"Surprisingly, most of these people!- Here, come with me!" We maneuvered through the crowd to a couple of boys. "Hey, guys!"

"Is this your girl?" one of the boys asked.

"Yeah, Maegan this is Nate, Nate this is Maegan," Ashton introduced us. The other two boys were named Seth and Andy. "We met on tour. They opened a show for us in Milwaukee."

"Oh, that's cool!" I said. Ashton began a whole new conversation with Nate, Seth, and Andy. I looked around while they talked. Calum was still with that girl. Luke was drinking and talking to some people. Michael was standing with Kristen. "I'll just be over there with Kristen and Michael," I whispered to Ashton. He nodded, and I fought through the crowd.

"Welcome, we've been expecting you," Michael said. I rolled my eyes.

"He's talking to Nate--" I was cut off.

"Andy and Seth?" Michael asked. I nodded. "Seth has my phone case!"

"A phone case?" Kristen asked.

"It's kind of a long story as to why he has it, but I want it back!" Michael headed over to them and left Kristen and I alone.

"You got pushed aside?" Kristen asked.

"I wouldn't say that. I didn't want to be the third wheel, so I left," I said. "Things used to be so different. You never saw them on the cover of magazines that actually are known. I remember when they were on Teen Life."

"Teen Life?" Kristen asked.

"Exactly," I said. Michael came back and showed us his phone case.

"I thought I would never get it back," he told us.

A little bit later, the loud noise became overwhelming.

"Hey, I'm going to step outside for some fresh air," I told Michael and Kristen.

"I think I need some too. This party is kind of lame," Michael said. Michael hadn't made an effort to talk to anyone. I thought he would've spotted someone and ran off to talk to them. Kristen and I knew nobody, and we didn't make an effort to talk to anyone.

"I'll come," Kristen said. "I don't want to be an odd ball." That's when Luke walked over and began talking to her, and she decided to stay inside. That made me look around for Ashton, and I couldn't spot him in the big crowd, so I went outside like I had planned. There were a few people outside that were probably fans because they freaked out when certain people walked outside, like Michael. A few paparazzi were outside, but they got escorted away.

"I didn't realize how much your lives have changed until tonight with the party and paparazzi," I said to Michael.

"Yeah, I'm not used to it," he said. He leaned his back up against the building. "That's why I wasn't really having a good time. I feel like a little boy who lost his mom in the grocery store in there. You know?"

"That's how I felt, probably Kristen too," I said. "It probably would've been different if I stayed with Ashton. I'd probably be having a good time."

"I figured Calum didn't have a girl in mind and would've talked shit on people with me," Michael said. "Like the guy in there with the lime green pants and orange shirt, who doesn't love making fun of people like that?"

"You could've made fun of people with me," I said. That's when the door opened and someone came out.

"Hey," Ashton said. "I was looking for you two. Why are you guys out here?"

"Just getting some fresh air," I said and took in a deep breathe. I exhaled. "I'm good. How about you, Michael?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Michael said, so we all went back inside.

"I think Calum has no intentions in leave anytime soon," Ashton told Michael and I. He pointed over to Michael who was definitely over the girl he went to when we got here. "I, on the other hand, am ready to go."

"Yeah, I'm kind of tired," I said. I was not the party kind of person, but I decided to come for Ashton.

"I'm ready," Michael responded. I spotted Luke, and Michael went his way to check on him and Kristen to see if they were ready. Ashton and I sat on the couch near us because it would take a while for him to fight the crowd.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Ashton.

"I would've had more fun if you were with me," he answered.

"Yeah, I wish I would've stuck with you," I said. "Did you drink any?"

"Maybe two drinks, you?"

"It probably would have helped me ease up," I said. Ashton quickly pecked my lips.

"So you didn't have fun?"

"This isn't my cup of tea," I told him. "But I did have fun."

"It means a lot that you came," he said.

"I got them!" Michael yelled. He came back with Luke, Kristen, and even Calum. The boys all took their time to tell some people bye, and then we left.

"You want us to drop you off?" Ashton asked me. I shook my head.

"Can I stay with you?" I asked.

"Of course!" I had been alone in my house for a while, and Ashton is home. I have an excuse to not be alone.

(A/N- Even though Ashton met Maegan at a club, it was said she doesn't like partying and went with a friend. YEAH.)