26

Ashton's POV

"Don't you think we want to go? What the hell is a 'getaway weekend'?" Calum asked after I told everyone that I would be going with Maegan to Australia.

"I want to see my family too. Hell, I'm sure Kristen would love to meet my mom," Luke added.

"Is it Maegan who wants to get away? I never really liked her. She's not even good at video games," Michael went on.

I squinted my eyes and gave Michael a 'what the hell' kind of face. "You do not."

"I know I don't. I really hate you," he corrected.

"What did I do?" I asked and threw my hands up to the side. When they fell, they returned back by my waist.

"You didn't do anything. These guys are mad, and I just want to fit in," Michael said while gesturing to Luke and Calum. He sat back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"I really didn't think you guys would act this way," I admitted. "We haven't been left alone for a whole day since we got back from tour. It's a miracle we get an hour. Besides, she's going to meet my family."

"I'm actually offended, Ashton. You said it was a getaway thing, and now, you're saying its a family thing. Clearly, it's more of a getaway thing if you didn't think of inviting us. And you're family is going to be on you all day long, so you won't get any private time with Maegan," Calum spat. "Either way, screw you. If you want to be alone, lock a door; tell us to leave you guys alone; do something other than fly across the world. And to top it off, you're going to Australia. That's where I'd love to be right now, with my family."

"I didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled.

"Look, Ashton," Michael said calmly. "Let's say I had a girlfriend, which by the way I do now, and you were too fucking busy planning this getaway from Michael thing behind my back that you didn't notice that I haven't been around you." He took a breath. "Anyway, Let's say I have a girlfriend, and I make a getaway from you guys, wouldn't you be mad?"

"No, because I would know what it's like to be in that situation," I answered. I saw Calum roll his eyes. "Look, I don't know what your problems are with this, but when you're ready to tell me, call me." Luke pulled out his phone and began to do something on it. My phone started to ring.

I answered. "I'll tell you."

"Alright," I said. He ended the call and looked me in the eyes. "You're probably too blind to see this, but you're always with Maegan. We rarely get time alone anymore, like we are now. We can't help that. Calum has been trying to get you to meet up with him at the studio for weeks, and you don't bother to listen to him. Like Michael said, you didn't notice that he got a girlfriend." He looked at his feet. "You don't need a getaway. You shouldn't have said that anyway. If you would've just said that it was a trip for her to meet your parents, no one would be mad."

"I'm sorry that it came out that way, but I really don't want you guys to be angry with me. I don't see anything wrong with this. I mean calling it a getaway was rude. I'm sorry, but my original plans were for Maegan to meet my family. I told her it was a getaway and that we could stop by and meet my family." I looked at my bandmates. "I'm sorry."

"Shit, I was never mad." Michael stood and held out his hand. "Shake?" I have him another 'what the hell' look, but I shook his hand, and he sat back down. I looked at Luke and Calum. Luke was looking at me, and Calum was looking away.

"I'm whatever," Luke said, so I assumed he was okay with whatever just happened, which I am still confused with myself.

"Calum," I said quietly. I didn't want to use the wrong tone and get yelled at.

"Ashton, you really like Maegan?" he asked.

"I do," I answered.

He took a breathe. "You really want her to meet your parents?"

"I do," I repeated.

"Do you want to get away from us?"

"That was the wrong choice of words. I'm sorry."

Calum looked up at me and stood. "I got mad because I felt like you were sick of us. That's how you made it sound when you told us. I'm over dramatic I guess."

"I'm not mad if you're not mad," I said and looked Calum in the eyes.

He shrugged. "I'll just get on my own plane and go to Australia. You can't stay away from me."

I looked Calum in the eyes. "Would you really?" I was mentally sighing. I really didn't want them to. The only reason I told them where I was going was because they would see it online.

"Man, I wouldn't do that to you. Now, let's go eat!"

"Let me tell you about my best friends," Michael began to sing as we walked to the kitchen.

"You have no friends!" Calum yelled. He turned to Michael.

Michael looked him dead in the eyes. "Calum, you really need to stop talking to yourself. You're kind of freaking me out." Then, he began walking.

"Hey, Michael," I called. He walked over beside me.

"Hm?" He kept my pace.

"Tell me about your girlfriend."

"Her name is Jamie, and she is in a band," Michael started. "It's called Great Value. I was actually at the music store when I met her. We both went to pick up the last All Time Low CD, but we both stopped once we saw each other. I told her she could have it, and she insisted I take it. I told her that I would buy it and invite her over to listen, so she came over. We hit it off pretty well,"

"I'd love to meet her," I said. I got into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. "Do you think she'd be up for that?"

"I would think."

"Wait, is her band good?" I asked.

Michael began to laugh. "They're very good. Want to hear something funny?"

"Sure," I said as I opened my bottle of water and took a sip.

"Well, about two years ago, they were discovered on YouTube. Guess what they were singing." Michael sounded enthused, so I knew it had to be something stupid. He began to laugh. "They did covers of Hannah Montana songs."

"Uh, why?" I asked. He only shrugged. Even though I didn't know this 'Jamie', she kind of sounded right for Michael just by the randomness.

(A/N- THIS IS A SHORT FILLER BTW. OOPS. NO BIG DEAL. THE END WAS KIND OF AN INSIDER BUT HEY ITS RANDOM!)