13

Maegan's POV

"I love you, and I'll miss you," I told Hannah.

Hannah gave me a hug. "I love you too." Rachel had a shocked expression on her face. She had never heard Hannah tell me that she loved me before, and Hannah could've talked bad about me to her. She probably told her that she "hates" me like I had read in her diary before. I know there is a thing called privacy, but Hannah wasn't communicating with me then. I had to know what was going on. I had dropped Hannah off at Rachel's. I rushed back home to get ready for tonight. It was my "date", as Hannah called it, with Ashton. I called it dinner and whatever else.

It took me about an hour to get ready. That seems like a long time, but time flies when you're curling your hair, and I have thick hair, so I really didn't even take that long. I didn't put much thought into my outfit, which I probably could've. I put on leggings with a buttoned shirt with a white scarf. I didn't know what all Ashton had planned for the night, and this outfit could be casual and dressy, depending on how you look at it. I was pretty happy with the result.

My phone began to ring. I ran over to it and answered. "Hello," I said to 'Tattoo Boy'.

"So, do I take a right or a left on Penny Lane?"

"You take a right," I told him. He insisted on picking me up. "I'm the third house on the right."

"Right and third house on the right, I think I got it," he said. "I should probably get it tattooed on me, so I don't forget." I began to laugh.

"There's no way you'll ever forget my name," I said.

"There's an advantage," he joked. "I'll be there soon."

"I'll see you then," I said and hung up. I decided to check my hair and quickly became unhappy with how it looked. There was nothing I could do now, so I decided to over look it. Ashton has already seen my hair curly while I was at work, so I don't know why I was on edge. Then, the doorbell rang. I walked to the door and opened it to reveal Ashton. He was definitely dressed nicely.

"You look nice," he said.

"You've only seen me in my work uniform," I pointed out.

He held up his pointer finger. "Actually, you weren't in your uniform that day you took me to the beach." He put his hand down. "Anyway, are you ready?" I nodded and grabbed my purse. I closed and locked the door behind me while Ashton waited. He was smiling when I turned back around.

"What?" I asked.

"What what?" he asked.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked him.

"I like to smile," he said. He started walking to the passenger door of his car and opened the door. He waited for me to get in and thank him before he closed it back. He got in on the driver's side and cranked the car. "Now, I know I haven't been in California long, but I have found an amazing restaurant. You've probably already been there, but I just really want to go there."

"What is it?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait," he said. We started the car ride. "What kind of music do you listen to?"

"Whatever is on the radio," I answered. He turned on the radio in the car, and it was on commercial. "This is my favorite song."

Ashton laughed. "It's my favorite too." Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon came on. It's a very catchy song. "We're almost there."

The way we're going looked familiar to the way you go to Waffle House. "We wouldn't happen to be going to the Waffle House?" I asked.

"Yeah," Ashton said. "They don't have a Waffle House in Australia."