The nest of the Black Swan

Jimin POV

"Captain Jimin!" I heard someone shout behind me. I looked up from my map and turned to find Beomgyu running towards me. He was carrying a scroll with a black seal. Our seal.

"What is it?" I asked the man panting beside me.

"Captain....We received a message from the Bridgette in the Brendan Trading Post." Beomgyu said. I knitted my eyebrows. They weren't supposed to report till tomorrow night....I took the scroll and opened it. As I read through the scribbled handwriting, I felt my anger arise. But I kept my face neutral and turned to Beomgyu.

"We have a small problem. Get a ship ready. We need to get to Brendon immediately." I said. Beomgyu nodded and rushed off. I sighed. The ships we had sent to the trading post had been destroyed. By our one and only Nemesis. This scroll had been written by the Chief that I put in charge of the trade mission. Thankfully no one had been killed...just severely injured at best. But I am going to slaughter whoever even thought of destroying our trade ships, our main source of food, and endangering our crew. They were family. If one gets hurt, we all get hurt. And now that the ships are destroyed, we won't have food to feed the southern part of Gale Island. Or for ourselves. This is bad...

"Captain! The ship is ready. Should I call the others?" Beomgyu asked. "Get the crew. But do not inform the other Captains. I will deal with this myself." I said.I was the one in charge of the trades in Brendon. And these were my crew. I rolled up the map and kept it back in the chest. Then I took my sword and went to the ship. It was time to get back what was ours. From the Blue Canary.

Y/N POV

"M-my....story?" I asked, confused. Captain RM nodded.

"Your life story. How you ended up stealing from Englishmen." He said. I looked down. "It's alright if you don't want to." He said. I looked up and he.....smiled?

".....what?" I asked. Why do these pirates have so many manners? Pirates are supposed to be gruff, ugly, greedy stealers!

"It is completely alright if you don't feel comfortable sharing it. I just thought it would be better to start with yours before mine. Well...ours." He said, gesturing around the room to a few pirates. I shook my head lightly. The way he looks at me and speaks...it's almost...calming. Makes you feel comfortable. Protected. As if he was....a brother to me. And I had no hesitations to pour out my troubles to him.

"I'm fine with it. It just makes me a little sad when I think about it sometimes...I have lived in Graysand for as long as I can remember. I don't know where my birthplace is. When I was 3 years old, there had been a war between our rulers and the Englishmen. When they attacked, everyone started to evacuate. My Parents..." I paused to let the hate flow through me. "They didn't even look back at me. Abandoned me. Left me to die. I was a child, and didn't know what to do. But I started stealing so I wouldn't get hungry. And....it's been the same till now. I had been stealing a very precious gem when they started chasing me and I hid in the S.S.Serendipity. Then....you know what happened." I finished.

Captain RM just nodded and listened. "You have gone through quite a lot, haven't you?" He asked. I slowly nodded.

"The way my parents abandoned me showed me clearly that I wasn't worth enough to them. Or worth anything all. To anyone." I said, blinking back the tears that had formed in my eyes. Captain RM sighed.

"No. Everybody is worth something. Some of them just haven't figured out what they are good at. And once you do, people will know your value. And they will know your worth. And so will you. And I may know a way but it is completely your choice." He said. I looked up in confusion.

"We are Bangtan and we are Pirates. But...we are different from the others. I was from a noble family. But the Englishmen slaughtered them. They had no mercy. Not even a little bit of sympathy. It happened during the same war your parents abandoned you. I ran away. But I encountered a trade ship and boarded it. It led to this very island. I saw what the people were going through because of the war. There was barely enough food. So when the ship sailed to the trade post, I went along. And I slashed any Englishmen in my path to retrieve the bags of rice that these greedy men had hoarded."

"And from that day on, we continued to steal, for both our benefit and the village's. We live in a symbiotic relationship. We protect them, they protect us. If anything happened to us, these people will stand up and fight for us. Because that is just how we are. When I was 13, I started gathering people to help us. This guy over here," he said, pointing to the guy standing near the door. "He was a boy working at an Englishman factory. The first mate of the S.S.Serendipity, Beomgyu, was a child slave. And even Captain Jimin, he was a wounded orphan child, crying over his dead mother. We know the hardships that the people face because of the Englishmen. And we fight for it. And...I saw the same troubles in you. And I honestly don't not know what you might think of us yet but I wanted to ask you if you would consider joining our cause." Captain RM said.

I looked up in surprise. He wants me to join them?

"We can help you find your worth. And your happiness too. Ours lies in watching these happy villagers smile at us in the morning, the women bringing baked treats and cooked food for us, and the children laughing with pure joy as they play around and drag us into their games. And that look on people's faces when we successfully capture Englishmen or steal food and other things." He paused to let out a small chuckle.

"You can find yours.We treat each other like family, Y/N. We are all in the nest of the Black Swan." Captain RM said.

I looked up and into his eyes. "Will you be a part of our family?" He asked. I smiled.

"Count me in." I said. Captain RM smiled wider, flashing dimples on both sides.

"Welcome to Bangtan, sister."

Edited
A/n:

Sooo what did you think of this chapter? It's a bit short hehehe...
Don't be a silent reader! Do comment on the chapters or what you think was your favorite paragraph.....

Anyways I'll see y'all again soon!