Progress

Y/N POV

"That was great!" Yeonjun said while panting heavily in front of me. I chuckled lightly as I was also panting. He had finished teaching me the basic parries and strikes and we had a small duel. And then another. And went on fighting for 2 hours.

"You're a really quick learner, Y/N." Hoseok said from the helm. I smiled a little before straightening and wiping the sweat off my brows.

"I think that's enough for today. We'll continue tomorrow and we make it back then Captain Kim would pick up where we left off." Yeonjun said. I nodded and followed him to the lower deck to get some rest. We placed our swords back in their cover and strapped them to our waists. Then we sat on a table and just....rested.

"Noona, I have a question." Yeonjun suddenly asked. I nodded for him to continue.

" When I returned with Captain Suga, you and Soobin were talking like old friends. Did you know each other from before?" He asked. I laughed lightly and shook my head. Then I narrated that small incident from the past and how we managed to meet each other again so coincidentally.

"Wah....I see now...but why did you lie to him?" Yeonjun asked.

"He hesitated. Even in that situation he did not want to cause an inconvenience. So to put him at ease, I told him I had already eaten. So he wouldn't feel bad about eating the bread I handed him." I said. Yeonjun stayed silent.

"You're a really good person, Noona." He said. I chuckled at his sudden words.

"No one was there to take care of me or raise me or feed me. But I didn't want that to be the case for the other children. So, I make sure they were fed and warm even if I had to sacrifice something of my own in the process. The way my life was sculpted...It made me want to be the person I needed when I was younger. That is the best way in which you can find your way into someone's heart." I said. Yeonjun stared at me in awe.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head.

"It just...feels good to hear those words from you. I feel like even the most reserved people can open up to you. Well, they have, in case of Jungkook hyung." He said. I sighed.

"I don't know. I have only been here a week, and trust takes time to build. I only know the vague details of his backstory, and there had been something in the past that hurt them. And I know that it had something to do with a woman. I was sure that after hearing Captain Jeon's concerns, they wouldn't accept me. But then I found a way to defend myself. I wanted a family, but I didn't need one. I had been doing fine without one for years. And if they didn't accept me, I would just go back to Greysand and do what I have been doing all this time. The only new thing is the disappointment in losing the opportunity to get something I have yearned for all this time. But it won't set me back. No matter what. But....somehow I have a family now. Not a close one, yet. But it's a start. It will take time, but one day, I am sure that I will be as close to them as you all are. And till that day comes, I will work hard to earn their trust and make them feel comfortable around me. I finally got a chance for a better life, and nothing can stop me from attaining it." I said.

Just as I finished my little speech, I heard a knock. Yeonjun and I turned to see Hoseok peeking through the door.

"Hey, you two. We are taking a small break on this island. You two should come with us." He said. Yeonjun and I nodded and got up to move to the upper deck. Once I did I got a view of the island Hoseok oppa was talking about. It was vast, and it looked like a rich place. In a few minutes, we were docking the ships. Some people ran away in fear after taking a look at the Daechwita. I can't say I blame them.

We got off and Captain Suga allowed us to wander for 30 minutes before we start up again. I started walking down the streets and just admiring the people doing their own things. Many had shops lining the docks and inside the village. I wanted to check out the merchandise but I didn't have time or money and we were on a mission, not a shopping trip.

After about 10 minutes, I got bored and went back to the dock. It took me no time to find the ships, because of the Black bowheads. There, leaning against a wooden pole in front of the Daechwita, was Captain Suga's first mate. He was leaning with his ankles and arms crossed, and his eyes closed. I walked over to him as I didn't want to be standing all alone. I am still not used to going to other places and meeting other people. But as he was a first mate of my so called brother he was surely trustworthy.

"Hello." I said. He opened his eyes, looked at me, and closed them again. Then he hummed in response. I took a chance to observe him. He was different from the other first mates. Even though I have only met two and one of them only used to be a first mate.

"Um...what's your name?" I asked.

"Minho. And I already know who you are so don't bother." He said. I nodded slowly. Well he is a perfect match for Captain Suga, I'll give him that. There was an awkward silence...

"Why are you still standing here when you can just get on board the ship?" Minho asked.

"I don't like being alone here. This is my first time seeing the world beyong the borders of Greysand. Until I get used to going to different places, it is better if I am not alone." I said.

Minho opened his eyes again. This time they stayed open. Then he got off the wooden pole and straightened.

"Follow me." He said. I scurried after him as he walked towards the markets. We both just strolled through, while Minho just examined some of the merchandise on display.

"Um...where are we going?" I asked.

"You said you didn't like to be alone, right? Now you're not alone." He said, looking at a wood carved doll. I smiled widely. He may not show it but he cares. He is definitely like Captain Suga. Then for the rest of the time I strolled around with Minho to keep me company.

After a while we went back to the ship. Both Captain's were already there, and Minho quickly scurried off towards the Daechwita as I returned to the J.H.Ego. Once we had started again, Hoseok made me sit on the table in the lower deck.

"Okay. So here is the situation. The Black Swan Outpost on Ember Island has been compromised. Our enemies, the Blue Canary, attempted to raid it and find out modes of communication and code. But they did not succeed to capture it as the guards managed to hold it up. What they did succeed in, was interpret our trade records. Now they know which ships we send and to which location. Thus leading to them destroying the trade ships Captain Park sent to Brenden. The guards protecting the outpost are all injured, and we do not know when we will be attacked again. We are vulnerable, and we need RM to sort this out. I have sent some guards for the time being, but they won't be able to hold it for long." He said. I took a moment to let that sink in.

"There are two options. We can relocate the outpost somewhere else or...we can cross out Ember Island. That is, abandon the outpost. And find another island for it. Either way, we need to completely change our course of communication and reorder our trade plans. We have a lot of work to do..." He added. Then he sighed and leaned back. He looked really stressed behind that smile he always wears.

"It will be okay, oppa. There is no problem you can't overcome. Once we get Captain RM he will give orders and we will follow them as quickly as we can. We will not be compromised." I said. Hoseok just nodded slowly.

"The Mainland is a very dangerous place for even pirates. So you have to follow the instructions I give you. Understand?" He asked. I nodded.

2 hours later, we walked up to the deck, and saw the black land in the sunrise. The Mainland.

A/n:

Yesssss I am still alive! And unfortunately this is another filler chapter ㅠㅠ I'm sorry I really am...

The next Chapter though...will be very interesting...like seriously...believe me lol

Sooo Imma leve you guys hanging in the next chapter so prepare for that

For now, BYYEEE

*YEEEET