Chris Wilson

Previously...

I unsheathed my sword. But the man that kidnapped me looked in fear at the person in front of me. What he said turned my blood to ice.

"...C-C...Ca-Captain Wilson?!"

"Surprise, you son of a wench."

Y/N POV

Then there was chaos. All the men in the room came running towards us at full speed. This was it. This is the moment where I display all the skills that the swordmaster himself had taught me.

Chris was hot on his heels. And his speed. He practically flew around the room, slashing at people. But not just anywhere. As a swordswoman, I had a lecture about the critical points of a person's body. They are specific areas of the body that, when injured, can prove to be fatal. The places where Chris attacked were all critical points–the base of the neck, the sides, the upper side of the wrists, and that nerve on the thigh.

The speed at which he struck those points, accurately, and fought multiple men at the same time, really impressed me. Suddenly a puny man with a dagger came running at me. I swiftly dodged his attack and hit the back of his head with the hilt of my sword. He immediately fell down in a heap of limbs. I started moving and slashing at the critical points as well. I didn't stab anyone, as I was not ready for that level of violence.

In a matter of minutes, almost all the men were on the ground in a pool of blood. The man in the center, the one that kidnapped me, had his back pressed against the floor with Chris' foot on his chest. Chris put his weight on his foot and the man groaned. I made my way over to Soobin and examined him. He had cuts and bruises on his body, and his lips were also bleeding. My body was filled with rage.

I went towards the man and Chris moved away as I stood in the place he once did. The heels of my boots were pressed against the man's chest, causing him to whine again. I pointed the top of my sword at his neck, the blade slightly brushing against the rough skin.

"Who are you, and why did you kidnap Soobin and me?" I asked in the coldest way possible. The man just groaned. I pressed the top of my sword in his neck a little bit more and the man's facial expressions changed as he felt blood starting to ooze out from the opening.

"I-I... W-we were instructed to bring you alive and hand you over. T-the boy was an unexpected addition so we had to get rid of him..." he whimpered.

"Who hired you?" I asked. The man shook his head.

"We don't know...we received a letter and an address along with a bag of gold and a picture at our door...it said that we would be further rewarded after the deed is done." He croaked out. I heaved an exasperated sigh.

"I would have let you go if you hadn't laid hands on my little brother...but looking at the state he's in...I have to bring justice to the blood he's lost," I said blankly. Then something unexpected happened.

The man reached out his hand and grabbed my ankle, pulling it off his chest and making me lose balance. I felt my bone strain at the ankle joint and fell on my face. The man desperately tried to get up and run, but was kicked down again by Chris. He seemed to momentarily forget that he was there. The look on his face was priceless as he realized that he screwed up big time. Chris grabbed the man's neck, choking him as he pressed his head to the floor.

"You just sealed your fate with that, mate. You really thought you could escape me?" He said, the smile on his face growing as he saw the look of fear on his captive's face.

The scene I saw gave me a feeling of power. Chris was much smaller than the man, and yet he seemed to tower over the latter as he arched forward, his muscles tight and veins popping prominently as he held a vise-like grip on the enemy. His eyes gleamed with emotion–rage, protectiveness, courage, and this other emotion I could not decipher. His pearl white teeth glimmered in the orange light from the torches perched around the room. He was powerful. He was a beast, an animal.