You Were Beautiful (1K reads special)

Hi! This is the special chapter I promised! Everyone wanted a song chapter, so here it is!

Song: 에뻤어 (You Were Beautiful)
Album: Sunrise
Artist: Day6

The song is really amazing! You can listen to it as you read too! Here we goooo hehe

JHope POV

"Oppa...who is Ara?"

She was the angel that lit up our lives.

"Oppa! I brought you your dinner!" The petite girl said as she skipped her way toward me, who was working with my crew preparing for shipment to Outpost 4.

"I'll eat after I'm done with this." I said as I marked the checklist in my hand. She quickly snatched the paper from my hands which made me turn and scowl. "This is not the time to play. I need to get this ship to the outpost by dawn." I said. She gave me a judging look.

"Oppa, is this really you? I thought Jimin was the only one that foolishly overworked without eating his meals on time to get the energy." She said. You didn't have to say it that way, you know.

"I'm not, I just have to finish this as soon as possible. Its an urgent call." I said, reaching for the paper. But she moved back, moving the paper out of my reach.

"Still not worth more than your health. How about I deal with this, and you go quickly eat your dinner and then continue with work. Or even better, go to sleep." She said.

I already knew that I couldn't say anything so I just sighed and nodded. But I did give her a greatful smile before I went to take a seat and eat the food.

She always offered to do our work instead of us if we didn't eat, or if we weren't feeling well.

What I'm saying right now
Doesn't mean that
We're starting up again
I'm just bringing back
The remaining
Memories ofyou

I didn't know the true meaning of your words then, but I did enjoy those moments while they lasted.

There was this one thing that nobody knew. I never told them, knowing it wouldn't end well. But I couldn't completely hide it. And I am sure she knew. She never showed it, but she would not have gone without noticing the signs. And that hurt me most. I did it knowing I would be hurt by the outcome but pain is still pain.

Especially when there were some things that only the two of us did. Stargazing while sailing at night, me sleeping in the hammock underneath hers so that even if she fell I would catch her.

The others had a special trust in me to take care of her. Especially Jimin, since he was away most of the time. But that was the reason I cannot tell them. Especially Jimin. It would break him, and the bond we have.  So I endured the pain by myself. For the sake of all of us.

Withoutmissing a singleday
You told me that you loveme
Before I went to bed
As soon as I opened my eyes
You told me
I remember so I'm just saying

It had a bigger impact on me than people thought it would. Even I did not expect it. But of course, nobody expects or knows when their feelings would change. And they cannot control it either. And now, all that is left was a fading remain of those feelings. My brain told me that they should not have been there in the first place. But my brain and heart are different. And yet I brought those together when I wrote that song for you.