(jakexmc) when he compares you to another woman

Mc's pov:
Jake donfort, the emotionless and cold hearted "freak", everyone questioned why I fell in love with him but they still accepted it and are
happy for us.He may not be that affectionate but I love him nonetheless I showed him every ounce of affection I had in my body but I made sure to give him space too ofcourse he's still kinda new to this whole relationship which I understand but maybe I do wish to also receive some love and affection,we've been dating for almost a year now and still having a strong bond with each other despite the lack of affection.

Nowadays he's quite busy and has been coming home late barely talking to me I was quite hurt by that but i shrugged it off.
Today the group wanted to hang out and since all of us were free we decided to have lunch at the black swan.

I got ready and made myself look extra nice to get Jake's attention. I saw he was ready too and said
Mc: you look really good,love:)
Jake: Thanks.
he replied coldly.
I waited for him to say something but I just saw him look at me but didn't say anything.Do i look bad?
I swear I felt my heart break into small pieces.Why is he so distant and cold?like before he used to atleast compliment me now he's just ignoring my presence.

Jake's pov:
Wow she looks really stunning in that dress I was gonna say something but I got distracted by thinking about my file in the living room I left downstairs without realizing I just left the bedroom without saying anything.

Mc's pov:
He went downstairs without even taking a second glance at me. I just sighed and went downstairs.
Mc:are you ready?
Jake: hmm you took alot of time we better get going or else we'll be late.
Ugh the only thing he noticed was me taking a lot of time? sheesh men. Again my mood went downhill but I pretended to be okay and went to the black swan.

*At the black swan*
Jessy: heyy guys! so glad you could make it!
The group hugged jake and i and we hugged them back,and sat down and started chatting. when our food arrived the waitress suddenly stopped and slowly put the food on the table and said
Waitress: Jake?
Jake: Mary?
I looked at them both and then at the group and they just shrugged
Lilly: I think she's an old friend of jake's
Mc: oh

I looked at jake and saw him talking to her.....with so much of warmth in his voice, he never spoke to me that way I mean atleast not these past few months. I know she's just a friend but I couldn't help but feel jealous. Jake looked like he was happy meeting her,I've never really saw so much of spark in his eyes,I mean sure meeting an old friend was great but I wish he was that comfortable with me too.
I tried to ignore them both and talked with the group.

Jake's pov:
I can't believe I met one of my old friends, all the good memories came rushing back into my mind.I talked with Mary for a while, when she left I saw mc's face and immediately realized she was jealous and looked hurt.I felt guilty so I decided to talk to her later.

Mc's pov:
Mary soon went away and jake was smiling until he saw me his smile dropped.Oh jake what's on your mind.The others seemed to notice the tension and started to make some jokes.
We left and said goodbye since it was late now.

*time skip*
Me and jake arrived home and we got changed and started doing our own work. I saw jake just went to his room without even speaking to me.After a few minutes I had enough and went to give him a hug.

Mc: what are you doing right now?
Jake: uh doing some work?
Mc: can we cuddle? or spend time abit?
Jake:No I'm busy rn
Mc: you're always busy c'mon just abit!
Jake: I said No mc! please I want to finish this.
Mc: but we haven't really spoken these last few days did i do something wrong?
jake: I've been busy why can't u understand that? WHY ARE YOU SO CLINGY, MARY WOULD NEVER BE LIKE THIS!!

I backed off and just stared at him, did he just compare me to his friend? Now I really did feel like my heart had shattered into pieces.Was I not good enough?