Chapter 43: Hide & Go Taylor

Hazel's Pov-

I everybody woke up at 5:30am, because Kaley, Rachel, and apparently now Bailey is too. She just came back from her secret honeymoon, that literally no one knew about? And now they're going to Hawaii!

Whatever, Sam and I can now do those silly "bestfriend" double date things. Which seems fun.

I slowly got up from the my bed. Taylor was still snoring as cute as he is. I looked at the time and it read 5:31 in the morning. I grabbed a towel and headed for the shower. Might as well just start my day now, right?

As I showered, I did my business. Shaved my legs, waxed my eyebrows, and did my bikini wax, which was so painful!
Once I finished, I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the restroom. Taylor wasn't in bed when I got back, where could of he gone to? I checked the time again and it read 6:15 am. It's still to early for this shit. I regularly sleep in or get up around 10, but this is too early for a summer day.

I changed into a black high-waisted skirt, a black crop top that said "the 1975", and some black high top vans, my hair was semi-dry, so I just put it in a bun. For makeup I just put on mascara and left my room.

The taxi was going to pick up the "Get Away Couples" at 7. So, pretty soon.

Everybody was eating breakfast at the kitchen table, or counter. Everyone was so quiet, due to how early it was.
But.. Wait..? Where's Taylor? I checked the living room and he wasn't there. I went back into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge,

'had to go pick some things up from home, be back later! already said by to everyone. xo - tay'

I wasn't hungry so I just started conversation, "So, Hawaii! Aren't you guys excited?" I asked.

Kaley nodded and so did Rachel, "it's gonna be so fun, I've never been!" Bailey answered. Good to know she was actually awake, "how long is Taylor going to be gone?" Bailey asked.

"I don't know, few hours?" I answered.

"Really?" Kaley looked around, "he left with his bags? Did you guys fight?" She muttered.

"What? All his bags? And no, I'm sure we didn't fight.. Not again.." I answered, this was getting weird.
He leaves without saying bye, but leaves a note, but takes all his bags?

Suddenly, a car beeped outside. Must be the taxi. "The Couple Get Aways" got up and grabbed their bags, and headed out. We followed behind them.
They loaded up the taxi that was a van because there were 6 of them.

"Alright guys, have fun, and be safe! Take lots of photos and be cute together!" I hugged them all bye.

I felt like a mother letting go of their child's hand, trusting them enough to go on their own for a while. Maybe that's how I felt when my mom let me come to LA?

- 12:00 in the Afternoon -

I was laying on my bed, bored out of my mind. Taylor still wasn't back, Sam and Nash went to the movies.. They invited me to go, but that'd be third wheeling, and not only that they were going to watch 50 Shades of Grey and I did not want to be there with them.. Awkward.
So, yes.. I was home alone. For the first time. Come to think of it, this has been the only time I've been bored this whole trip. I put my headphones on and connected them to my iPhone and turned on some music. I put it on shuffle and it randomly started to play 'Sex' by the 1975 and started to doze of and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

- 2 Hours Later -

I woke up to my headphones chocking me, I could hear the song playing by how loud the music was playing.
I untangled myself and got up and stretched. I walked out of my room and headed down stairs.
"Hello? Guys? ... Anybody?" I waited for someone to reply, but nothing...
I went to my back yard to see if maybe Sam and Nash or maybe Taylor were hanging back there, but I was wrong...

"Geez, where did everybody go?" I told myself. "Is this how spongebob felt when the whole bikini bottom left to get away from him in that one episode?" I frowned to myself. Seriously where is Taylor?

I got up to my room and grabbed my sunglasses, purse, phone, and car keys. I wasn't going to let this day go to waste!

I went into the garage and got into the Mercedes and started to pull out and drove off.

Taylor's Pov-

I've been trying to stay away from Hazel as much as possible today, nothing bad, but I just wanted to surprise her with something... She's gonna freak over this. I just know it!

I was parked at the mall, I decided to do some shopping, and picked up some things for Hazel. I just got her some candy, her favorite perfume, and this necklace with a stone in it. She really wanted one because she thought it was "tumblr" whatever that means.

I started to head back home and when I got there I noticed Hazel had left? I wonder where to?
I got in the house and left the stuff I bought her into a pink gift bag with a note. I quickly got out of her room and went back outside and into my car. I wanted to surprise her.
I started my car and drove off, now, I've got to find her a next gift.

Hazels Pov-

I got back home and still, nobody was home! I went out and bought some new sunglasses, makeup, and food.
This girl loves herself some chipotle!
I went up the stairs and through the hall, and stopped at my door... "Wait?" I looked around, "did I close my door before I left?" I slowly opened my door and was greeted with a cute pink gift bag.
I put my stuff on my desk with my MacBook and went over the the gift bag and opened it.
"Oh, candy! And Crystal Noir! And my stone necklace!" I totally have been wanting these lately. I looked at the note that was left on it,

'Lets play a game? I'm at the beach hiding, you find Me, you win! What's the prize? You'll have to find out xx -Tay'

What? Is this another one of his surprises?

I grabbed my keys and started to head for my door but paused...
I looked over at my chipotle bag... He can wait another half hour. I sat down and started to eat my food.

- 40 minutes later -

I arrived at the beach and looked around for any signs or notes, and found nothing.

I took my shoes off and started to walk on the beach, next to the salty cold water, and just enjoyed walking with myself. I didn't want to seem like an awkward loner, so I just made it seemed like I did this often.
I didn't find anything. So I stated to walk back up when I noticed a bucket upside down with a tie dye bandana tied to it... I slowly started to my my way to it when I heard a sneeze, I paused and looked around to see where it came from, and then I heard a sniff come from the bucket... Oh my lord... I got on my knees and lifted the bucket up and there he was Taylor.. Well, just his head, the rest of him was under sand.
"Surprise!" I heard from behind me, it was Sam and Nash.
"Wait, you guys knew about this?" I questioned, "did you even go to the movies?"

"Nope, we helped Taylor plan this little hunt for you," Nash said, "pretty fun, huh?"

"No, I was alone for most of my day! But I loved the gifts, and the idea of it." I got into my stomach and kissed Taylor's lips, "thanks babe"

"Alright alright! I beg it babe, stop kissing me and help me out of here. My foot itches." Taylor said, we all just laughed and stated to dig him out.

Once we got him out we started to walk back.

"Oh, wait! I forgot sometimes.." Taylor said.

I turned to him and he got down on one knee, and opened a black velvet box, "Hazel Young... Will you promise me?" he said with a huge smile on his face.

People were cheering, clapping, awing, taking video and pictures.

I couldn't help but cover my mouth and blush, my eyes started to water.
I couldn't say anything, my heart was racing... Then the two little words escaped my mouth "of course!" And he jumped up and wrapped me in his arms and spun me around.
The people around us start to clap again and congratulate us. It wasn't a proposal though, it was just a promise ring. Which is still pretty big. But I promise not to ever break this promise, ever.

He slid the ring on my finger and held my hand and we walked off into the sunset.

***
Too cheesy? Too rushed?
I don't know, I kinda like it though (: fave please! Thank you❤️