Chapter 1: The Beginning

Hazel's Pov -

My names Hazel, Hazel Young. because I have hazel eyes. I live in Miami, Florida. When I was born, I was going to be named Viola. But I really didn't see it. Hazel just fits me, ya know?

Anyways, I'm 16 years old, I've got long light brown hair that flows perfectly out of my head down to my butt.

I have full pink lips, my height is 5'6, and I have braces. They're almost off, i swear!

So, there I was sitting in my last period of the day which happened to be my creative writing class.. waiting for the day to end. I was really excited, Why? you may ask, because I'm about to start MY SUMMER VACATION!

It was 2:25, just 10 more minutes.

My teacher, Mrs.Ripe starting to speak

"Attention everyone! Before I forget and regret this. I have something to give you all." She walked to the back of the class to get a box full of letters, the box read '7th core'. She began to talk again "Do any of you remember back in December, where I made you write about what your summer plans were?"

I completely forgot about that assignment, I remember writing it with my best girlfriend, Samantha. I call her Sam for short.

I remembered how excited I was to get this back, I guess I must of forgotten about it.

Mrs.Ripe started to pass the letters back to their rightful owners,

I turned around to see my best-friend, Sam.

She was short and had dark long brown hair, brown eyes that shined beautifully. She wore a high waisted leather skirt, with a black and white striped shirt, with a denim vest, and some black chucks.

She spoke "I don't even remember what I wrote in that stupid thing, do you..?"

I nodded with disagreement,

She continued to speak "All I remember was hating this assignment.."

Mrs.Ripe walked over to Sam and I, she handed our letters back to us.

She spoke "Awe, ladies I remembered when you walked into my class the first day as girls. You've matured so, so much!"

I gave her a hug, trying to hold back my tears. She was my favorite teacher by far! I was going to miss her so much. Sam gave her a hug too. Mrs.Ripe then said "If you ever need anything, you know I'm here for both of you." she walked off to give the other kids their letters.

Samantha stood their, looking down at her letter that laid in her hands. She looked constipated, I giggled at her,

"What's wrong, are you okay?" I asked. She looked up and said "Yeah, just.." there was an awkward silence. I was waiting for her to speak again

"I'm trying to remember what I wrote in this stupid thing!" I quickly glanced at the clock, we had 5 more minutes of this class.

I turned back at her and said "Okay, I have an idea.. Let's put these away in our bags and read them to each other out loud later tonight when you come over. Just to see how dumb we were."

She smiled really big and we both put them away.

Everybody in class started to chant "5... 4... 3... 2... 1!"

and the bell rang, and everybody started to cheer and jump up and down.

Sam and I got our bags and ran out of class saying our good-byes & signing some yearbooks on the way out.

We slowed down, panting from the running. She stopped and said "Let's wait for Jhonatan!" She and Jhonatan have been dating for the past year. They were happy together, I was happy for them.

Jhonatan caught up with us and directly ran to Sam and hugged and kissed her. I was just standing there like a third wheel, in awkward silence as they kissed.

We started to head out when I suddenly heard someone call my name out.

"HAZEL!" I turned to look who it was, It was Marco.

Marco, the guy I've liked since the 8th grade, He had dark brown curly-ish hair, he had small lips, and he was tall.

He spoke "Hey, Hazel." as he gave me a hug. I looked over to Samantha and her boyfriend, She winked at me as if she was saying "Dang girl, get it."

I turned back at Marco, and he was at least an inch and a half away from my lips, I started to blush.. "uh.. I.. uhm.." I started to stutter.

I was making a fool of myself in front of him. He began to laugh and said "You're to cute."

I blushed harder .. He thought I was cute? That made me smile a bit.

Sam and her boyfriend walked out, leaving Marco and I alone, he spoke

"Hey, so you know Vivian? Can you do me a favor and Like.. ask her if she likes me? Cause' I'm really liking her."

My heart broke a little inside, but all I did was smile and say "sure." He then smiled and said "Thanks buddy." and patted my back and ran off to his friends..

I stood in the hall way alone and thought "Buddy.. that's all we'll probably ever be."

I walked out of school to catch up with Samantha, she was sitting on the steps waiting for me.

She looked over at me and said "Haz! How'd it go?"

I turned to her and said "Great! We're buddies and he really likes Vivian." I began to walk slowly in anger and sadness.

Samantha ran to me, I forgot I was giving her a ride back to her house.

"I thought that maybe, this could of been the moment that he and I would become a thing?!"

Sam just looked at me and said "Maybe he's just choked up and didn't know what to say.."

I was about to say something but then my mom honked to get our attention

"Come on girls! I've got In'N'Out!"

Sam and I instantly looked at each other and smiled, We both yelled "FOOD!"

I mean, we weren't fat-asses, but when it came to In n Out, we just had to.

We ran to my moms car and got in.

We sat in the backseat eating, listening to music.

I took out my iPhone 5s, and we started taking selfies while eating the food.

I then when on twitter and tweeted the picture of us 'Excited for an amazing Summer with the bestie! @SamanthaMeow

And went back to eating and thought to myself "I can't wait for later tonight"